Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!  (Read 94790 times)

jaypo

Re: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2024, 08:49:42 PM »

Yep me too

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2024, 11:59:03 AM »

Cancer of lower right lip.  A hardish white lump ....... for 3 days B4 it popped  :o.  PHEW!

jaypo

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2024, 12:39:47 PM »

Ah good clkd, I as you know have had reflux which = cancer from anywhere between my throat and stomach  ???

CLKD

« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2024, 01:38:15 PM »

Yep.  Usually I would wait 2 weeks B4 worrying but the area was/is sore  >:(

Now with regards. my bowels  ::)

Songbird

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2024, 07:48:51 PM »

Ah good clkd, I as you know have had reflux which = cancer from anywhere between my throat and stomach  ???
Oh blimey, I've had that thought too, Jaypo. It's hard to shake :o
My anxiety always goes up when the time approaches for a mammogram - strangely enough I'm fine with smear and bowel screening  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2024, 07:58:21 PM »

I do my bowel screening in private.  A quick swipe and into the envelope.

Don't get invited for smears or mammograms.  So when my breast/under arm areas nip I have to remind myself that it's because I've been lifting, gardening and hanging laundry. 

jaypo

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2024, 06:33:34 AM »

Yep songbird,the anxiety has abated now but had it since coming back from holiday in January,what a waste of nearly 3 months.
It's waiting for the letter from the NHS after a mammogram,I always get my OH to open it 🙄

Penguin

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2024, 07:48:01 AM »

I am like this after a smear even though I have had zero symptoms!
I am 50 this year and dreading the letter for first mammogram for exactly the same reasons. The only thing I console myself with is that anything found would be early and treatable, hence why they do the screening. I'd imagine it wouldn't be common for a routine screening to find something that bad that it couldn't be treated as you'd have had symptoms by then. Saying that though, I can't cope with the wait either and am looking for ways I can pay privately and get it done somewhere where they do all the breast checks in the same day. I've found one place and mentioned it to my GP, who wasn't opposed to it, but asked me to find out the conversion rate from mammogram to biopsy. He didn't say why he wanted to know that but I guess it is to see if they do unnecessary procedures to make more money.

Penguin

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2024, 07:49:39 AM »

Yep songbird,the anxiety has abated now but had it since coming back from holiday in January,what a waste of nearly 3 months.
It's waiting for the letter from the NHS after a mammogram,I always get my OH to open it 🙄

I get what you mean about wasting time worrying too. I have ruined holidays with my health anxiety, then came home and its abated and been really annoyed with myself.

CLKD

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2024, 07:59:16 AM »

Waiting until 50 for your 1st mammogram  :o.  I had them from age 30 until 68.  Then I have to request if worried.  Tboule is, without the reminder every 5 years I forget!

My breast disease was never seen on film.  It was found on palpation.

That spot filled again in the night - a gentle squeeze has released a lot of gunge so it isn't cancer  ::). sore though.

jaypo

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2024, 08:23:05 AM »

I get what you mean about wasting time worrying too. I have ruined holidays with my health anxiety, then came home and its abated and been really annoyed with myself.

Oh yes penguin, I ruined a lovely cruise to Norway because of awaiting blood tests, I was sure something was wrong,so phoned surgery (from Norway) and was told what?? All ok,half the holiday gone  :(
Clkd,can you slap some magnesium past on it? It should draw everything out  :)

Penguin

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2024, 08:29:18 AM »

Waiting until 50 for your 1st mammogram  :o.  I had them from age 30 until 68.  Then I have to request if worried.  Tboule is, without the reminder every 5 years I forget!

My breast disease was never seen on film.  It was found on palpation.

That spot filled again in the night - a gentle squeeze has released a lot of gunge so it isn't cancer  ::). sore though.

Why the shocked face? Routine screening doesn't start until age 50 to 53. I don't know why you started yours earlier but this is standard unless you go to the GP with symptoms.

SarahT

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2024, 12:05:47 PM »

Hiya Penguin, I thought 50+ was the general starting point for mammograms.

I did begin mine in my 40s as part of a trial in our area for women who had a family history of early breast cancer.

I never miss any medical call up if and when offered. Definitely of the thought that if there is a problem it can be treated asap.

Mind you, my BP has been high lately and am being monitored.... Didn't think I got health anxiety until this. So I worry, which ups my BP which makes me worry more et c etc........🙄

Tulip256

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2024, 02:39:14 PM »

My health anxiety has been at full throttle over the last year
I have had - Barrett's oesophagus due to reflux
Stomach ulcer
Diverticulitis
Kidney disease - this was a fun one my GP was very worried about a sky high creatinine level but it was becuase I had weight trained before the blood test and creatine is a product of muscle breakdown.
Ovarian cancer
Bladder cancer

CLKD

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2024, 06:26:15 PM »

It must be that 'rules' have changed with regards being called for mammograms due to research finding that women in the main don't require them. However, when I was young  :whist:  I was called from the age of 35.  Not via my GP.  After surgery I had them every 3 months, then 6, then 12 months for 3 years.  on an 'in case' basis. 

That spot has filled again  :-X sorry if you're eating supper.  Less sore today so probably not a tumour  ::).  Did any1 watch that surgical programme last night, a bit gory to say the least so I watched from behind the sofa.  Eye socket involved: the guy made a great recovery!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12