Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Waistline aches  (Read 937 times)

KayemBee

Waistline aches
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »

Hi All,
I'm in the Peri-Menopause stages and 4 months or so since my last period. For the last 3 days I have been having some niggles in my waistline - not constantly, just on and off, it feels a little like when you have been wearing something tight round your waist and released it, which leaves a mild discomfort. I don't have anything tight round my waist but I do have a desk job, so that probably doesn't help (although I don't sit for long before I'm walking about as I have hyperactivity) and have been having continuous aches and pains down the spine and around the mid back which could extend round the waistline and cause the issues I mention? Whenever I have any niggles I have never had before, my first thought is it's something serious, I'm currently worrying about Cancer but I have seen many of you who worry about such things because of the hormonal changes and Anxiety. Just wondered if anyone else has or has had this? Any suggestions, recommendations? I'm going to see the Nurse on the 11th regarding beginning HRT, so will mention it then if it's still bothering me. I swear my anxiety makes it feel worse than it is.  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Waistline aches
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »

U R coughing more often?  Or sneezing?   I have aches and pains all over due to a persistent cough including the waistline.

Making sure that your work station is 'right' maybe the first place to begin?

KayemBee

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:58:45 PM »

U R coughing more often?  Or sneezing?   I have aches and pains all over due to a persistent cough including the waistline.

Making sure that your work station is 'right' maybe the first place to begin?

Thanks for replying CLKD,

I have had the rare cough either from a dry throat or dust in the throat from allergies picked up through the nose when I'm outside, but nothing persistant. It could be connected to indigestion or trapped wind maybe, I've just had an indigestion tablet so will see if it helps. Luckily my workspace was built around my height so sitting is ok, but I must admit I slump over the counter playing games on my iPad sometimes for an hour at a time, don't think that's going to help - just wish I wasn't worrying so much about it :(

Gangan

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

It might help to take note of when this pain occurs. You mentioned it coming on and off. If it is occuring after you eat food it could be gallstone pain. This is pain and discomfort above the waistline area. You can try a different diet to relieve gallstone pain but i found that didn't work over time. I would get it checked out to see what this might be. This is just my suggestion.

Gangan

Gangan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »

ps i've just read above that you have taken an indigestion tablet which is making me think more that it might be gallstones. It's a tightening pain leaving discomfort. Take Care.

Gangan

KayemBee

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »

Hi Gangan, thank you very much for your suggestions and reply. I had gallstones when I was 21 and believe I had my gall bladder removed (although I can't quite remember now) so thankfully it's not that (I still remember the excruciating pain though) I think it's indigestion as it's eased off after taking a tablet, I hate this anxiety that comes with hormonal changes, every little twinge and I think it's something serious  :'( rarely had any aches and pains before the peri-menopause - welcome to the real life eh!