Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fake periods on hrt  (Read 1080 times)

Vickylo

Fake periods on hrt
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »

Good evening. I am post menopausal & on hrt fem 7. I am 47 & doctor has put me on fem 7 which makes me have a bleed. Why have they done this when I am post? They said it's due to my age. I don't understand this, btw, my doctor is not very approachable, when I asked he pulled the age card, i am too young etc etc but reading up about it, it seems that I am not that young to be post menopausal. My FSH levels are 98. I have not had a natural bleed for a few years.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fake periods on hrt
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »

If your GP feels you are too young then he/she should be referring you to find out why but of course, he/she is probably incorrect  :bang:

We know our bodies!  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to take and show him/her.

What does it say in the leaflet in the box?  You could speak with a local pharmacist not connected to the Surgery.  Put the name of the product into the search box here and see what pops up.

Taz2

Re: Fake periods on hrt
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:06:23 PM »

Hi Vickylo - if you have not had a period for a number of years then you are post-meno and you should be able to use continuous HRT which wont give you a bleed, although many women do get breakthrough bleeding or even full-on bleeding for the first six months of a conti HRT.  Maybe you could print off the advice from this site for your doctor? You can find it here https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

Taz x