Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE  (Read 757 times)

Minx44

• First Flush
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE
« on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »

Hi.....I posted this on your new members page....but thought Id also post my message here as Im quite anxious for a reply...Thanx!

Hi everyone! I need some urgent advice......Ive been taking Femostan now for the last couple of years and it works well although I find the 1/10 not quite strong enough and the 2/10 a bit too strong on the oestrogen but at least I am hot flush free!  :D

My problem is that Ive just noticed that for the last 12 days Ive been taking the wrong part of the pill packet! I had a withdrawal bleed at the end of the last packet so had been on E/P for two weeks .....then I started what I thought was only E....and have been taking for 12 days now. I'm shocked to see that Ive actually been taking E/P for nearly 4 weeks now!
So.....what do I do? I feel fine apart from having VERY sore boobs.....but obviously am aware that I am mid cycle now...so...

Should I go and start again with a. new pack of only oestrogen red pills?
Should I go onto another packet but take the Oestrogen progesterone cream colour pills as I would normally have done at this stage of cycle...(still have two cream pills left in the current pack). That would mean Im going to be having Oestrogen progesterone for 6 solid weeks....

Or should I 'reset"?? Give it all a break for a few days?? weeks?? Then start again....

I hope someone can get back to me before tonight which is my usual pill time....

I'm very aware of the powerful effect these hormonal pills have and I really dont want to mess about too much with my endocrine system....

Looking forward to hearing some advice!!

Thanx so much!!
<3

Conolly

Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:37:59 PM »

Hello Minx44,

I'm no HRT expert, just answering so you won't feel totally unsupported  :)

I think if you start a new pack of only oestrogen and then resuming taking the progesterone as prescribed would be ok. The 'extra' progesterone you have taken has probably kept your endometrium thin so no worries. That is actually what a continuous regimen is (without withdrawal bleed).

I'm sure someone with real experience will soon give you better advice.

Conolly X

Minx44

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »

Thanx Connolly.....that's good to know and I'll do that if I don't hear anything else.......I just get so worried as my body is so sensitive and Although I am used to hrt now and it has made me feel almost normal again......I never take pharmaceuticals otherwise and always heal myself with herbs and nutrition.if I'm ever sick.......it still doesn't sit well in my mind that I have to take this stuff......anyway...Thanx so much for your advice!
Minx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:06:35 PM »

I'm not an expert either. Are you peri or meno? If you're meno I would do as suggested and start again with oestrogen. If you're peri it's a bit harder. When my own cycle has got out of step with the HRT cycle I've had bleeds at unexpected times & not felt very good. If it was me I'd start on oestrogen but I have a longer natural cycle (around 6 weeks). If you have a regular 28 day cycle I'm not sure what to advise. As you've been on prog for 24 days probably better to stop now.