Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sciatica nerve felt on both side of buttocks  (Read 3913 times)

EnglishRose

Sciatica nerve felt on both side of buttocks
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »

I've noticed I can feel two tender areas  in the exact same area on each buttock. It's not a worry just curious as I've also got a sore area lower back and sciatica pain

The tender areas are exactly where my sciatica nerve would run but I can't feel it all the way down the length of the nerve just two spots one to each buttock exactly the same height and location on each cheek.

Very odd.

Dyan

Re: Sciatica nerve felt on both side of buttocks
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »

Hi Roseenglish
I get sciatica. Sometimes it can be in my buttocks or down my leg and into my foot as well.
It's horrible so I do sympathise.

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »

I had a severe pain in my left cheek I though it might be sciatica, I went for a back/ neck massage & mentioned it to the lady, she worked on it & said it was a hard knot. She relieved the pain & it hasn't come back.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »

Hello Roseenglish.

My 76 year old neighbour has had sciatica for many years but he recently discovered some  stretching exercises on YouTube that have helped a lot. As a result he has taken up yoga and feels better than ever.  If you do have sciatica it seems there's a lot you can do to alleviate the pain naturally.

Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

Take care.

K.

EnglishRose

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »

It's one of many symptoms that hit me all at once , shivery sensation to my spine buttocks and legs even arms a bit... like I want to crawl out of my own skin, a shudder hypersensitive skin sensation no pain just horrible feeling as clothing brushes against those areas, it comes and goes.
Sensations to my nether regions ranging from inappropriate arousal, pain inside and outside, burning to skin outside the area and bottom.
Spikes of libido which I've never experienced before in my life and totally against who I am as a person, I'm very old fashioned in that regard.
Lower back ache on and off feels like it's numb when I'm sat up in my bed when the pressure is on the upper buttocks/lower back.
Restless legs
Depression, anxiety and health anxiety. All on and off up and down.

I had a women's pelvic physio Therapist who I head hunted to check my pundendal nerve as I was so worried about the strong sex urges it's most upsetting but she said my pelvic floor was not too tight and the trigger points to the pundendal nerve is fine. No sign of entrapment or irritation.

My last bloods showed <18 Oestrogen
FSH 70
Progesterone 20

I've started HRT a week ago and Vagifem 14 days ago as my symptoms do match vaginal atrophy despite being told everything looks ok.

I've stopped working 6 weeks ago I'm so down and anxious with these troubling out of thr blue symptoms
😟

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 10:47:57 PM »

If I don't kneel to do chores the nerves pull on both sides, as far as my ankle sometimes.  Or I can feel the pinch in my buttock without radiation.  Certainly if touched the tender area makes me jump  ::)

Annika

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »

When I was pregnant with my first baby I developed Sciatica at that time I didn't know what it was but the Doctor said it was due to posture and the baby's position. Now I get it badly down my left side due to degenetative disc disease low down my spine which is common and can often be a result. This week its Thanksgiving and I have all the family getting together, its already bothering me thank goodness I have some strong pain meds or it would be tough getting through it with so much to do. I looked at the exercises Kathleen but I can't get down on the floor to do them otherwise I can't get up again..hahaha  ;D ;D

EnglishRose

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 10:49:46 AM »

When I was pregnant with my first baby I developed Sciatica at that time I didn't know what it was but the Doctor said it was due to posture and the baby's position. Now I get it badly down my left side due to degenetative disc disease low down my spine which is common and can often be a result. This week its Thanksgiving and I have all the family getting together, its already bothering me thank goodness I have some strong pain meds or it would be tough getting through it with so much to do. I looked at the exercises Kathleen but I can't get down on the floor to do them otherwise I can't get up again..hahaha  ;D ;D

I'm wondering if I've got that too. Have some terrible nerve like symptoms to my spine buttocks and legs but then it could all be lack of oestrogen too
Lack oh oestrogen effects the muscle tendons and support thereof through out the body
Mri booked xxx

EnglishRose

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »

When is it Englishrose?

I had to have an epidural in labour, it was in for hours!  But I could still 'feel' my right leg and HAD to move it or rather hubby did constantly.  It's still the side that gives me problems with cramp 26 years on!!!  I do get back pain both sides and sciatica occasionally but it's the right side that I've always been aware of. Isn't the sciatic nerve the longest in the body, that and the vagus nerve?

There was a pattern to it, very little during the day and it came on late afternoon just for a few hours but the last four days it's all over the place which coincides with the low flat mood I'm stuck in. TV doesn't hold my attention, everything seems superficial and shallow on tv .
I am having other signs of a due period. I haven't had one since starting Oestrogel on the 4 Nov. I was having PMs symptoms then (last period 11 Oct) and sensed I was about to start but instead of waiting I went straight onto HRT and I think that threw me off

This is by far the worst  PMs I ever had. Just flat mood no interest in anything at all.