Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti feel blotted and bad anxiety  (Read 6624 times)

zodiac

Evorel conti feel blotted and bad anxiety
« on: November 16, 2018, 10:37:19 AM »

Hi im on Evorel conti patches and since ive used them i feel sooo down n depressed , also craving chocolate n just feel like i want to eat more than normal, i eat healthy and go gym but even ive lost the motivation to go, also lost motivation at work,and for my knitting  which isnt me at all   
And im only on day 9 of useing the patch
Could this be the patch ? Do i carry on with the patch and see if this settles down ?
Hot sweats seem more intense too as in more heat in them and ive put a bit of weight on , plus hubbys suffering as hes getting the brunt of my anxiety.
I honestly thought id feel better on them more myself but i just feel crap. Hubbys just got a job which hes enjoying, but im just soo miserable
My stomach feels blotted n looks blotted
Arrrr this is a bloody pain in the ass lol,
And getting to see a dr is like trying to get to the moon, really heard to do lol, plus cannot see a female dr or the same dr grrrrr
Fed up is a understatement

Karen max

Re: Evorel conti feel blotted and bad anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »

Hi zodiac
I'm on same hrt patch as you and I feel exactly the same as you do , I've stayed on this patch for around 7 months ( maybe longer ) as doc said give it a fair try !!!
I have been given hrt tablets in the past which all caused bad side effects that's why I went for patch this time around
I'm 4 yrs in Dec post meno I honestly thought I'd be getting more beter days regarding menopause symptoms but that's not how it's going ..
I'm if to see my doc today to ask for help , I don't know if the patch isn't strong enough or if I need to try another patch ?
I'm so confused with it all and it's really getting me down I've no motivation at all I just feel flat /dead inside !!
I will let you know how I get on when I see my doc this afternoon

Kaz x

Krn11

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »

Hi

Interesting to hear other views on Evorel Conti - I'm 56 - 2 years without a period but been suffering really badly from flushes and aches and pains so doc prescribed Evorel Conti 50 to try - started them about 2 months ago - first couple of weeks no difference then felt that flushes/sweats were improving for the next 3 weeks or so then after about 6 weeks on them flushes and sweats back with vengeance and worse than before started HRT - struggled on for a few days feeling really down - prob cos dripping with sweat most of the time then decided to stop them as was going away for a few days and didn't want to have all these issues to deal with.  Within 24 hours of stopping the patch flushes and sweats settled back down and for a few days slightly better than pre HRT - probably now back to how they were pre HRT.  Not been to see doc yet to discuss - I'm sure they will say you need to persevere longer to get full effect of benefits but it's not easy especially when you don't know how bad side effects will get before improvement.  Feel as though life is on hold just now and wishing for the day when feel 'normal' again.

Be good to hear how you get on and I need to decide whether to try again or see if anything else available.

K

zodiac

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »

Hi ive been 1 yr without a period, the hot sweats seem more intense ( feel hotter) the anxiety is really bad and i feel so down n weepy, i got put on them coz ive no sex drive at all, and the pain i go thru dont help the fact i just do not want sex, and thats wots making the anxiety bad coz feel useless and think hubby will be better of without me or now hes wrking he will eventually meet somone,
But even when ive tryed herbal hrt ive alwYs had some reaction and ended up in hospital for tests, scans ,mamograms so been told not to take anything at all, but i was so desprate to be normal again bfor all this menopause crap started at 40 now im 51.
I just dont know wot to do , do i carry on useing them and run the risk of driving hubby mental lol, he been very understanding but i think im pushing him to far opps lol,
Or stop the patches
Im seeing a male dr again on monday morning, prob another locome dr again ,so dont know what this dr wil, say or do 🙁🙁

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »

Some people are intolerant of the progesterone in the evorel patches. I'd suggest you try it on a sequi regime instead of conti. You will have a bleed but as you will only be on the prog for 2 weeks per cycle you will know if the prog is the problem. If you have VA you need localised oestrogen, there are plenty of threads on this. As you still have hot sweats I think you need a higher dose of oestrogen. You might consider testosterone in the future if you still have no sex drive when the HRT is sorted out. You can ask for an appointment at a menopause clinic if your GP can't sort it out. Read all you can on here before Monday so you are as informed as possible, many GPs don't know much about it. Have a look at Treatments tab.

Karen max

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »

Hi zodiac
You stray is so much like mine was a cover doctor I saw yesterday she changed my patch to a different went to collect it at chemist no chemist in my area had it (around 14 chemists) it seems to be taking of the market
So back to docs I went sat waited 2 hours to see her she said no to any gels I asked about so she give me Femoston conti pill to start taking but I'm so nervous about starting it as all my other goes at using hrt pills were awful so many side effects and they all caused bleeding (I've not had period for 4 yrs )
I've still my patch on as it's due to be changed tomorrow she told me remove patch on day its due for change and start the hrt pills

I'm so confused at what to do as I'd match rather stayed with the patch but doc thinks different

Kaz x

allie007

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:25 PM »

Hi ladies, i've changed from Estrogel to Estradot patch and since then I have no motivation for the gym. I still go when I can but whereas before i could maintain my weight and figure, I have put on so much weight Ive gone up 2 sizes in 3 months and its making me so miserable. I don't recgnise myself x

allie007

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

I was on 3 pumps of gel and i could feel symptoms returning. My GP didnt want me to use more than 2 pumps of gel but i did anyway because I couldnt cope and when I went to see her again she advised me.to try the patches. After having awful symptoms on 75mcg patches she grudgingly prescribed me 100 and referred me to an HRT clinic.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »

I had an awful reaction to Evorel Sequi (similar to conti but the progesterone part is for two weeks rather than the whole time). I felt so anxious and low. I even had to have months off work.

I was really reassured that others had experienced a similar reaction to it. My GP prescribed Estrogel and utrogestan and referred me to a meno clinic. So many of us are sensitive to hormones and need the kindest type (and often transdermally I.e. in gel form and the progesterone vaginally so it gets to where it's supposed to be and doesn't go through the liver etc).

If there is any way you can take the NICE (national institute of clinical excellence) guidelines with you to your next GP appt that might help.

Good luck xxx

zodiac

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:28 AM »

Hi dr said to me that theres nothing else i can try now with these not wrking
Ans we don hav a meno clinic , waiting to hes from a gynocologist to see wot they say
The only prob is i cant sleep again now  weres when on the patches i wanted to sleep rhe dayaway  lol
Other than that feel ok
Oh the joys of meno lol x

Cathymay7

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 05:22:31 PM »

I read these replies and now feel like I’m not alone. I am 41 and perimenopause. I have been on the Conti patches now for over four months. I was really low at first.. persevered with it.. then after week 12 felt amazing! That last two weeks and now I feel lower than ever!!! No motivation to do the things I love and the sweats make me feel disgusting. This was never one my symptoms. I am debating stopping before I end up single!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »

I read these replies and now feel like I’m not alone. I am 41 and perimenopause. I have been on the Conti patches now for over four months. I was really low at first.. persevered with it.. then after week 12 felt amazing! That last two weeks and now I feel lower than ever!!! No motivation to do the things I love and the sweats make me feel disgusting. This was never one my symptoms. I am debating stopping before I end up single!

Hello Cathymay and welcome to the forum. I am pleased you have found us and no longer feel alone. You may like to start your own thread and explain a bit more about what you are going through.