Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 1862 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Black Friday
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »

Did anyone get caught up in this?   One day which is now spreading to several  :-\

Scampi

Re: Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:05:17 PM »

If it spreads out to a couple of weeks across the board, it might not be so bad.  But the one-day lunacy - give me strength!  People literally fighting of a TV they wouldn't even think of buying any other day of the year  >:(.

I loathe Black Friday - it's supposed to be the day after Thanksgiving, and we don't have Thanksgiving .....

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »

Himself read the same earlier.  That stuff has been cheaper prior to this particular 'sale'

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »

Is this for last week or the next Friday ........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »

It's just a load of rubbish.

No one gets anything for nothing.
It's only a bargain if you really need it....
People go mad for it, just like the January sales, most of the stuff
looks like it's been kicked around the floor......🤷‍♀️

Krystal

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 08:04:10 PM »

It is commercial pressure to get people to spend spend spend . I agree it is another American idea pushed on to the British public causing some people to get into a frenzy and panic because of claims that things will be an unmissable bargain when in reality the price is probably the same as it was in the summer or wi ll be at the end of January. The consume body "Which?" have published articles recently indicating that some retailers are offering so called bargains on items which are deemed to be of inferior quality or performance so you could end up paying twice once for the shoddy bargain and then again a few months later for a replacement of better quality. "Which?" also pointed out that some of the reviews were completed by happy purchasers shortly after receiving the shoddy bargain which did not give a true reflection as to its effectiveness when used over a period of time. I think I wait until the January Sales which start on Christmas Eve! Happy shopping. ;)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »

We used to do all our C.mas shopping in the January sales.  I would wrap and label it all, make a note of what was where ........hey presto!  ;D

JaneinPen

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »

When our girls were little my OH would come home at lunchtime on Christmas Eve and I would go to M & S around 2:00pm because they would have started their ticketing ready for the Boxing Day sale and I used to get my Christmas dress at sale price. I loved that it really was a reduction in those days. Even if they did it now M & S wouldn't be my choice any more and hasn't been for a few years as I feel they have lost their way. Knickers still good though