Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice needed re estradot  (Read 1048 times)

Tunapumpkin

Advice needed re estradot
« on: November 15, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »

Hi I hope someone can help. I am 45 and started peri at 42 with terrible anxiety. I started Femoston 1/10 Sept 2017 which worked for about 10 months. I then tried Femoston 2/10 but found the dose to be too much. I find I get a headache and clench my teeth alot when I have too much Estrogen. I then tried Femseven sequi patches but the Progesterone part made me very depressed and I also felt the estrogen dose was still too high. I am back on Femoston 2/10 but am cutting up the tablet to try and get about 1.25mg but its not ideal. Can anyone advise what I can try next. I thought about asking for estradot and Utrogestan but I'm really not sure what the right dose of patch would suit me as the 50mcg femseven was too much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am desperate to feel normal again instead of a nervous wreck.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:56:38 PM by Tunapumpkin »

Golden retriever

Re: Advice needed re estradot
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »

Hi Tunapumkin
Just like you I have been on Femoston 1/10 then 2/10 but thought the anxiety was as a result for it.
I was doing well on the Femoston 2/10but then decided to go on estradot 50 patch and Utrogestan 200mg once at day. For day 1-12
The low mood I experienced on the patch and Utrogestan 200mg was horrendous. I tried it for 3 months and it didn't improve.
I am currently back on Femoston 2/10 and feeeling 90% myself again.
Anxiety is part of menopause and can be controlled in many ways, including exercise, yoga, and beta blockers low dose
Hope this helps
GR

Tunapumpkin

Re: Advice needed re estradot
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »

Hi GR
My anxiety did get better when I started HRT and I had a glimmer of feeling normal on the femseven patch  so I am still hopeful that something is out there that will help. Thanks for your reply and glad the Femoston is working for you.  😊