Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So scared after health scare  (Read 2811 times)

suzysunday

Re: So scared after health scare
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »

I know what you mean. The anxiety before my hospital appointments made me feel as though I could collapse. And my appointments were not as serious as yours.  I just want these wee feelings to go.  I keep getting scared that when I get old I might become incontinent cos of the atrophy.

EnglishRose

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 07:34:51 PM »

Were you happier on HRT?

The fear of living with symptoms that you worry will never go or get worse is horrible I know I'm living with it.

I've never had health anxiety before this.

❤️

We just need to know we will get better I understand

suzysunday

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »

My symptoms were better on tibolone but after the bleeding and knowing the consequences eg the awful hysteroscopy, which I asked to have under general anaesthetic (I know a lot of women don't find the procedure too bad), then because they didn't get enough tissue they wanted to repeat it but I could not face it.  There was thickened lining from the hrt which returned to normal after a second scan, thankfully.  The gynaecologist was not pleasant at all when I refused a second biopsy. This all took over 3 months.  I don't want to risk having to go through all that again if I go on other systemic hrt and bleed again. I just hope the local hrt does the job for the atrophy.  Like you say, you worry you will never feel well again.

EnglishRose

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »

My symptoms were better on tibolone but after the bleeding and knowing the consequences eg the awful hysteroscopy, which I asked to have under general anaesthetic (I know a lot of women don't find the procedure too bad), then because they didn't get enough tissue they wanted to repeat it but I could not face it.  There was thickened lining from the hrt which returned to normal after a second scan, thankfully.  The gynaecologist was not pleasant at all when I refused a second biopsy. This all took over 3 months.  I don't want to risk having to go through all that again if I go on other systemic hrt and bleed again. I just hope the local hrt does the job for the atrophy.  Like you say, you worry you will never feel well again.

Yes we do worry.
And in the middle of the discomfort and anxiety our rational vanishes

Can I ask, does the feeling of needing to pee keep you awake.?
Do you find once asleep you're ok and when you wake up it takes a while before the feeling starts again.

EnglishRose

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »

Found this forum post on an IC website about how Vagifem stopped her flares
So if it helps a diagnosed IC sufferer, I think you will be fine in time

http://cobf.websitetoolbox.com/post/vagifem-5909445

suzysunday

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

I have good days and bad. I wake a lot in the night to pee on bad nights and yes sometimes in the morning it takes a while for the feeling to develop.  Thanks for the link. I just hope when I have used the ovestin a while things will settle down.

suzysunday

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »

Could anyone advise about using ovestin?  Following all the problems with weeing that I have talked about, I have felt better this past week and have been using ovestin alternate nights after the initial every night for 2 weeks that I began about 5 weeks ago.  This was after 3months of no hrt of any sort following the bleeding. I have vaginal atrophy.  By now I should be using the cream only twice a week according to my gp.  So this week I tried going for using the cream every 3 nights for the first time.  So the last time was Sunday night, and today I feel like weeing again, and feel distinctly down.  I have been using non hormonal gel in between, but I really feel as though I need the Ovestin alternate nights for a while yet. It's strange because when this feeling kicks back in, it makes my whole body feel tired and anxious as well as the wee thing.  Any help or advice on Ovestin alternate nights?  It's been great to feel ok for a week and I want to maintain it.
Pages: 1 [2]