Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to group and struggling  (Read 793 times)

Fletch6823

New to group and struggling
« on: November 14, 2018, 06:40:32 PM »

Hi
I am new to this group aged 60 last month but have been struggling for many years with menopause symptoms. I had full hysterectomy aged 32 but with my ovaries left in due to cervical cancer. I also had spinal surgery the previous year, and then 2 more ops within the next 3 years.
HRT was prescribed due to osteoarthritis etc which I took for 10 years. Then was recommended to stop due to age.. I joined a gym and became much fitter and went back to work full time... 2 years ago all symptoms stared up again far worse than ever before. I have gained weight despite being at gym every day and slimming world, but more importantly the hot flushes are the worst, lack of sleep and general depression about the whole thing is driving me insane.....
any ideas for help as GP is useless... tried other pills but felt so low had to stop them as I work so just couldn't cope.

Has anyone had success with diet changes? Or  the Biohormonal drugs?

Dancinggirl

Re: New to group and struggling
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm

Go back on some oestrogen. If you have had a hysterectomy there is no reason why you need to stop oestrogen therapy unless you have breast cancer, obese, smoke or drink too much alcohol.
It will benefit your bones greatly to continue with oestrogen. Virtually all prescribed oestrogen is bioidentical these days.  Don't use compounded hormones as they are not considered safe.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »

Here you are!  found you ;-)

Maybe make a list of the symptom you would like to ease first? 

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »

Hi Fletch6823 - you posted exactly the same post elsewhere on the forum and I have answered on there!

Hurdity x