Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi All from a puzzled newbie!!  (Read 1018 times)

Linzi Mac

• First Flush
Hi All from a puzzled newbie!!
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »

Hi all, so glad to have found this forum for any advice and support. I'm close to 51 and have probably been perimenopausal for a few years but haven't had a period now for the last 60 odd days and hope someone can help with my puzzle.
Five weeks ago I started having flushes any time day and night that lasted for a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped. The strange thing is at around the same time they stopped I came home from work one day and couldn't get my wedding/engagement rings over my knuckle. I work in a care home kitchen and don't wear them, it's a very fast paced, hand and feet manual job so I assumed i'd done something to my finger although it wasn't sore and didn't look swollen.
Had a doc appointment a week ago, mentioned it to her and although she wasn't concerned, she prescribed anti-inflammatory gel but also thought it might be linked to my menopausal symptoms. So I still can't wear my rings and can't see the gel helping...has anyone experienced anything similar?
Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as I've done the “google” thing and am going round in circles. ???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:25:51 PM by Linzi Mac »

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi All from a puzzled newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Linzi Mac

That all sound very typical for peri menoapause - the hormones are fluctuating and making symptoms come and go.

Do read this article that explains what is going on in peri meno - this might help you understand things better so it isn't so worrying:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Keep posting - we're here to support you through all this.
DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:14:20 PM »

Hi Linzi Mac

Taz  :welcomemm:

Linzi Mac

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:41:01 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Linzi Mac

That all sound very typical for peri menoapause - the hormones are fluctuating and making symptoms come and go.

Do read this article that explains what is going on in peri meno - this might help you understand things better so it isn't so worrying:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Keep posting - we're here to support you through all this.
DG x
Thank you so much for the link and support. I'm more upset about not being able to wear my rings than having flushes lol :(
Just wish i could suss out how to fix it.