Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU PUT IN YOUR BATH?  (Read 31765 times)

dazned

Re: WHAT DO YOU PUT IN YOUR BATH?
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2016, 04:30:56 PM »

Dom perinon or Moet ? !

;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »

;D ……… supermarket finest for the bath - Himself drinks the bubbly  ::)

That shower cubicle - put it on 'freecycle'? see if your husband notices it has gone  :D

CLKD

« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2017, 03:58:29 PM »

I laid in the bath last evening and as my book was elsewhere  ::) I read the contents of the shampoo, bubble bath etc. that I use regularly and each has SLS included!

So my question is - which products don't have SLS in? 

Menomale

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »

Good question!

I guess most shampoos and other cleaning products contain SLS (also known as SDS = sodium dodecyl sulphate), even toothpastes  :o can have it.

Maybe if you look for specific products displaying "SDS or SLS free" you can find one... good luck!
Like these http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/g3760/best-sulfate-free-shampoos/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:02:26 PM by Menomale »

CLKD

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »

:thankyou:

dahliagirl

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »

The ogx shampoo I like (tea tree and mint) is ok but hard to find at the moment.  I have tried others without sls but don't like them (don't like many with either, mind, fussy  ::) )
Sensodyne toothpaste is ok - I find other toothpastes very frothy  :bouncing:

In the bath, I use a few drops of lavender and chamomile oils.  Sometimes I use a mix of Sandalwood (a cheaper more dilute one coz it is v expensive) clary sage and ylang ylang in a bit of oil, which is quite 'heady'  :wub:

CLKD

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »

I absolutely love Sandlewood but how it is delivered, with SLS?

Dorothy

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »

I've found Ethical Superstore is a great place to look for additive-free bath & shower stuff.  I've tried a few, but now I stick with Faith in Nature products which are SLS free, fairly easily available (you can order online but my local health shop and local Oxfam do a limited range) and don't irritate my skin. 

dahliagirl

« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »

No SLS in the sandalwood - just got the (rather dilute) essential oil from that well known healthfood store.  It is lovely mixed with the other two and oil - no bubbles.  You can drop two or three drops of the lavender and chamomile straight into water as they are quite gentle.

I am coming to the conclusion that I don't need soapy stuff -  just use the yes vaginal wash for cleaning myself in the bath these days  ;D  Otherwise I just lie back and read  8) (and give my feet a good scrub with the flannel at the end.)

Except for the shampoo. That is a minefield.  Some non SLS stuff is (expensive :o )rubbish and turns me into a fluffball.  I have found my favourite shampoo online from that big chemist place as a result of this thread, so I might do an online order.

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2017, 06:52:32 PM »

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2021, 11:58:50 AM »

Have you used 'body and earth' products?  I read the bottle last night and it states "Excessive use or prolonged exposure may cause irritation to skin and urinary tract".

So I looked at the web-site which states that they use 'gentle' products  :-\.  It doesn't froth particularly well, which isn't a problem but there is little/no perfume and the soap is YUK!

I had this as a birthday gift via Amazon. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2021, 12:22:19 PM »

Epsom Salts is the go-to. I have M.E. and have a friend with M.E. and Fibromyalgia and we both swear by it. What you have to watch out for is quantity, water temp and duration in the bath. A large handful, in warm-hot (not boiling) water and for twenty minutes seems to be about right. There is a company that has latched on to Epsom Salts and is now producing trendy varieties with trendy names like Mindfulness. Avoid these or anything added which will dilute the purpose of the Epsom Salts and potentially trigger VA issues. So, these are medicinal baths with only Epsom Salts, no having a wash with soap etc at the same time. Also, pat dry to allow the transdermal effect, no rubbing dry. I sometimes just sit in a bath sheet letting it all soak in. Good luck!

CLKD

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2021, 12:28:32 PM »

tnx.  Paternal Grandma had Epsom salts in her cupboard: as well as Dettoll, zinc and caster oil, bicarb of soda  ::)

Sparrow

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »

Water 💦

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2021, 02:45:22 PM »

:na: :clapping:

Not even a body to follow it with?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]