Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Really appreciate some advice - struggling  (Read 1982 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Really appreciate some advice - struggling
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »

To get a private prescription I think you would have to see a doctor privately - so very expensive. I still think you might need to email Dr Currie for advice (costs £25)  - she would be able to give you the evidence that Utrogestan is available on the NHS. 

However, if you are concerned about the Tridestra, and non of the chemists in your area have it, then I would contact your GP and explain that Tridestra isn't available and perhaps ask for Femoston 1/10 instead, as this has the gentler progesterone that might suit you.  DG x 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »

Your GP needs a  :kick:  :beat: I would be sending her details to Dr Currie who runs this site as another Surgery that needs to be advised as to what ladies can be prescribed under the NHS!

NaturalMystic

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »

Change your NHS doctor babe, don't take no for an answer 😠

SueLW

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 03:51:59 PM »

She can prescribe it on the NHS!  So many of us have it.  She's not a special little snowflake that can't. 

I did say to you that if she couldn't find it in her book or on her computer system, she needed to try looking under fertility where it is prescribed for women using fertility treatment.

I wouldn't take no for an answer.  Go back and see a different GP.  It doesn't matter that she's nice, she's wrong.  So what else is she wrong about?

As your pharmacy how you might get a private prescription for it if you want to try that.  They will know who is around doing that sort of thing.  But I would insist that your surgery help you.  This is not a new hormone.  It's been around quite a while now.

onion relish

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

I have exactly the same problem - I'm either a complete b*tch or suicidal. Sometimes both. Awful PND, too.

I've always suffered the second half of my cycle and my first marriage was a victim to my awful moods. I don't want to lose my partner to the same thing.

I'm on HRT (Evorel 50 patch) and came here for advice  several weeks ago as I'd finally managed to get a gynae appointment. The lovely (I'm being VERY sarcastic here) gynae refused to change my HRT, and apparently wasn't even aware of the gel.

I'd printed the sheets off that DancingGirl had so kindly advised and she wouldn't even look at them. Then started to get aggressive about older women on HRT only wanting it to get younger men!

I still haven't been back to my GP (too depressed and no energy for a fight). I'll probably try for an appointment the week after next and will come back with news.

In the meantime, OP, you are not alone. It's disgusting the way GPs AND gynaes are treating menopausal women. I wish there was more we could do to make our voices heard.

Good luck getting proper treatment - please come back and let us know if you get some sense.
Pages: 1 [2]