Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pain lower right stomach  (Read 2092 times)

warwick01

Pain lower right stomach
« on: November 11, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »

Morning Ladies

Getting no where with GP so looking for some advice.

For quite a few weeks now I have a niggling hot pain lower rt side tummy. I also have sciatica on the same side. The pain wakes me early hours about 3/4 am and I am getting a bit worried. Also Im bloated but have very embarrassing flatulence which gets worse has the day goes on.

I was wondering if I have a inflamed appendix or a ovary cyst as I did have a 6cm cyct 2 years ago which went down to 2cm so I was discharged. Been to GP several times who has now agreed to arrange a ultra sound scan but that's not until 14th Dec. Anyone had similar symptoms??

Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain lower right stomach
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »

Have you altered your diet or liquid intake in the last 3/4 months?  A new exercise regime?  Decorating ........

Does it go with pain relief?

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:25:05 AM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks for your reply.

I started eating more fibre every morning having bran flakes. I do think this has caused irritation but not sure it would cause pain in the middle of the night.

Wx

Gangan

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »

Hi Warwick

I had an anal op several years ago. The colorectal surgeon told me that things like All Bran (maybe Bran flakes too ??) act like a cement in the colon and advised me to eat figs for fibre and to avoid constipation.

Sorry no thoughts on your pain otherwise and hope that the scan gives you some answers.

Gangan x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 02:04:35 PM »

Thanks Gangan

Bran does not agree with me. I was having it every day for 2 months thinking my lower rt pain was due to constipation. The pain is worse along with the flatulence and this bloating. I will try to change my diet and start drinking peppermint tea.......

Thanks for your response!

Wx

BlueButterfly

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »

Does it hurt when you step down or raise yourself up on your toes and drop down so your feet hit the ground a little hard? Or when you push in, hurt? or hurt when you release the push in? (Sorry, lots of questions...)

Does the pain get worse/better with the flatulence? Anything that gives you relief?

Sorry that the scan is so scheduled out. I would think they'd want to look at that sooner. Hope you get feeling better though.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »

14th Dec. 2 weeks?

Although bran flakes were the 'thing' in the 1970s it is better to increase roughage by eating more fruits and veg..  Mum uses half an Ortis fig cube at night and finds that 'works'. 

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 10:34:54 AM »

Hi Bluebutterfly

Thanks for your reply. No pain when moving or standing on my toes, no guarding or pain when I press.Its just a hot nagging pain (worse at night)as if something is inflamed. No change going to the looe its just the flatulence which gets worse along with bloating. Once I have my eve meal Cant move without these big farts ::) embarrassing..... :(

I do feel once I go to the looe for BM the pain eases.

Iv just got some pepermit tea.... Wx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 12:27:48 PM »

It sounds like pressure on a particular tender area which is relieved when the bowel is empty.  Maybe graze so that the digestive tract has something to work on all the while?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »

I just asked those things because they were things my mother has always had me check on for an appendix issue, things her doctor checked/asked about. (she had hers out as well as other family)

Does sound like digestion issues. I like the peppermint tea idea and grazing like CLKD suggested.

I hope you find relief soon. All these random aches and pains aren't any fun at all.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »

Because of the age I was when my appendix 'went' - it had grumbled for over 20 years and we treated it like wind as when pushed there was no pain, wind eased the symptoms: no one seemed to realise that it might be my appendix  :D.  They were going to do keyhole surgery: I think that they used the Key to Westminster Abbey  >:(  ;D

warwick01

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:10 PM »

Thanks Ladies

I really appreciate your advice

Wx

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »

Hello warwick01

You say that you wondered if the pain was from constipation. If you are constipated you might want to try ground Linseeds ( aka flaxseed ). My friend has had awful constipation with the menopause and was advised by a gastroenterologist to try this treatment and she feels much better.

I hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »

Hi Kathleen

Thanks for the advice. I will try flaxseeds, the peppermint tea seems to be helping as not been disturbed the last 2 nights.

Regards Wx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 03:50:14 PM »

That's progress!