Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Improvement of Sorts but...  (Read 4199 times)

Lanzalover

Re: Improvement of Sorts but...
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 07:21:32 AM »

Good morning Kathleen

This is really good news do hope things improve for you.
Do keep us updated

Lanzalover x

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »

Hi Kathleen - what sort of cycle are you going for? (1) 6-8 weeks + 12 days 200mg Utrogestan or (2) 7 days x 100mg Utro per month (eg short utrogestan cycle. My jitters, panic and waking up nauseous and jumpy have gone on 4 pumps but I suffer major depression on 12 x 200mg.  I'm only just coming round from the Utrogestan before I have to start again!

Personally I am going to ask for (1) 6-8 weeks +12 days (and some testosterone for energy/motivation and libido!).  It's a big ask I suppose if the consultant is not up to speed! Trouble is if she wont agree I cant go private because there is only one meno consultant in NI and she is it!!

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Lanzalover - thanks for your comments and I will certainly keep the forum updated.

Ladybt28 -  When I first asked for a long cycle my consultant said she didn't really approve of it so I agreed to start on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mcg of Utrogestan orally. When that didn't suit we changed to Utrogestan vaginally. At my appointment last week  I said I still wasn't getting relief from my symptoms and wondered if I was progesterone intolerant. To my surprise she then agreed to me trying a long cycle and even suggested that 200mcg of Utrogestan may be too much so I should stick to 100mcg. She also seemed relaxed about the length of time I took oestrogen only! I am tempted to try 7 days of Utrogestan per month and see how that goes. My GP is very helpful and caring but his knowledge is limited so the consultant I see is private. That last twenty minute appointment lasted twenty minutes and cost 85 pounds.  We'll see if it was worth it!

Take care everyone.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 06:44:19 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Glad to hear your doc is sympathetic - it wasn;t even long cycle that I (and others) have first suggested - it was just going back to a cycle to see if symptoms improved and then gradually extending it because at our age bleeding is a right pain so don't want to do it too often. Personally I wouldn't do the 7 days monthly - how about compromising on 10 days per calendar month? If you use 100 mg utrogestan then you should use it vaginally as the rule of thumb is  unlicensed) that you might be able to get away with half the amount vaginally compared to oral use.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes and do hope the bleed isn't too much of a shock - better go out and buy those tampons!!!!

Ladybt28 - the regime (cycle length) you are asking for is exactly mine. As I expect you know I am mid-60's and still managing with this. Still 6-8 weeks and the 12 days x 200 mg vaginal prog with the T blobs!

Hurdity x

Ladybt28

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »

Yes Hurdity - I have you in my sights as my role model!  ;D :lol: - it's you I am going to hold up as a shining example to my (pr :na:obably reluctant) consultant (shouldn't do her down really - she might think its a great idea?! ha! - we shall have to see). If I can get her to agree to that and testosterone to boot I will probably feel like I've won the jackpot!

I know I need to stretch out the cycle really because I am only just recovering from the depressive effects of the progesterone on 12 days a month just before I have to start it again and boy do I get depressed!  When you all gave me the advice when I was really poorly on the premarin/provera regime continuous and I gave up the progesterone altogether for a good few weeks (just over a month I think) I felt so much better without the progesterone.  My last 2 bleeds have been fine with nothing in between - if the consultant wont let me go 6-8 weeks I am pretty sure in my head I will use the Studd method and cut it to 7 days instead of 12 monthly.   Well - will have to see how it goes - I mean she's got a choice of two to go for - I wonder which one SHE will pick -  :na:   :lol: :lol:   Studd method or Hurdity method!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 07:20:49 PM »

Hi Kathleen. As you know I'm a Studd girl using 100mg of Utrogestan, orally, only for 7 days a month. This gives me a regular, light, withdrawal bleed every month with no discomfort. I had a scan in February and my womb lining was nice and thin, and I shall have another in the New Year.

Both Prof Studd and my new GP say this demonstrates the Utrogestan is doing its job properly (and I take twice the amount of oestrogen that you do).

SueLW

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »

Hi Kathleen

For bone protection you need oestrogen levels of around 450 I think.  You won't get that on such a low dose of gel.  I think you went the wrong way.  When I first started on the gel I had sore boobs for a few days so reduced to one pump a day for about a week and then went up to 2 pumps.  It wasn't enough.  I don't think I absorb it very well.  I then went up to 3 pumps, then 3.5 pumps and now I'm on 4 pumps.  I have always split the dose between morning and evening and since I have done that I've not had any soreness at all.  I also don't feel anxious when I wake up.

If I had been you, I would have dropped down for a week when I had reached the sore point and then gone back to the 3 pumps.  If still sore, I'd have been sure to split the dose morning and evening and gone up to 4 and see if that helped or hindered.  If your cells are not used to oestrogen they will react when they first get it.  If you don't absorb very well, then on 1 pump or even 2 pumps you may just not be getting enough to cause a reaction or to do any good. 

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 06:46:13 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Thank you all for your comments.

I always worry about increasing my Oestrogel because at 62 I somehow think that 2 pumps or less should be enough. I also worried about having constantly tender breasts and was relieved when a reduction in gel helped sort that out. The problem is of course that my main symptoms have persisted so I clearly need to think again.

Thanks again for taking the time to post, your thoughts are much appreciated ladies.

Take care everyone.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]