Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Reducing plastic at home  (Read 21469 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reducing plastic at home
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2022, 07:46:54 PM »

I wonder if asked how many would say that they were 'green'  ::).

I believe that Reading sent the useable tents to a homeless shelter?  Pity that they don't ask goers to pile them in a specific area of the field .

sheila99

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »

Perhaps they should ban the sale of tents under £100, most of the cheap ones are so poor quality they aren't worth passing on.

CLKD

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2022, 01:09:13 PM »

Good idea.  Or hire ready erected camp sites as they do at Glastonbury in some areas, F1 and MotoGP, there are companies that do the whole thing: Yurts, glamping in teepees (or wigwams, can't remember the difference  :-\), tents, hotel pods .......... how many of those that left rubbish behind will go on to complain about the cost of living?

It's easy to get credit these days so £100.00 would be nowt if they wanted to go to Fesitvals.  The irony is lost on them?

Taz2

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2022, 04:14:09 PM »

I agree that it is upsetting seeing such waste but some of this year's problems were caused by tents being set on fire during Sunday afternoon. People left the site early with youngsters being picked up by parents in order to escape the violence. Reading and Leeds does have a bit of a name for itself. I had two sons there so they've filled me in with the details.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/reading-festival-chaos-tents-torched-violence/
Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2022, 07:06:16 PM »

How Awful.  No Licence next year then? 

Taz2

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2022, 11:20:06 PM »

How Awful.  No Licence next year then?

I think the licence will be safe. The crime rate isnt too high when you think there are just shy of 100,000 people attending and the income it generates for the town over the 5 days is really welcome. Mind you Rage Against the Machine having to pull out and then being replaced by The 1975 probably didn't help  ;D

CLKD

Oxfam cast offs ..... ( Reducing plastic at home )
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2022, 04:11:46 PM »

I was flabbergasted by a report in the Telegraph yesterday about the donated clothing in Ghana along the coast line  :'(.  So what should we do with our cast offs  :-\.  I usually put mine into the RSPCA ............

Apparently the above is due to charities rejecting many often soiled rags which get sent abroad to be sorted through.  Awful. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]