Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Smells  (Read 1450 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Smells
« on: November 07, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »

Anyone else seem to be sensitive to smells?
Ever since this meno started I have a nose like a dog, I can smell everything well before anyone else.!
I often say to someone, can you smell that,? And mostly they can't, or do like 5 minutes later...
It drives me mad sometimes, somedays it's worse than others.
Is it just me or do you have it too?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Smells
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »

When I took Tamoxifen my sense of smell increased so it is probably hormonal.  I could smell a Dundee cake, in a tin with lid on in the pantry with door shut: down to the tablespoon of water used to mix the cake B4 cooking.  It was so acute that I was unable to eat.  I was away from the house but knew that DH was cooking pork chops and I could smell them to the point of feeling  :sick02:

I also have a thread here about how I personally smell [Oh errrr] ........  Himself assures me that he can't smell me  :D

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:22:50 PM »

Oh yes, DH has always smoked I've not minded much as it's his choice, he doesn't smoke many, never in the house & they are roll ups so don't stink like tailor-made.
But this last year I really can't stand the smell, we've talked about it & he's changed brands but it still stinks to me.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »

Yes..I have a terrible sense of smell normally (it would have to be pretty strong for me to MAYBE smell it) but during pregnancy and now, I can smell the slightest thing. It is driving me mad because nobody else can smell things so I think I'm losing it.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »

Yes, hearing too,
I'm always telling OH to turn the tele down, or to tone down his voice.
But then, come to think of it, he's always telling me to tone down as well.....lol
But yeah, hearing too, too much noise sets my anxiety off, I'm sure it does......

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:19:46 AM »

Reminds me that when I took The Pill I could smell garbage, things smelt 'off'   :-\   it was after I had stopped that I began to notice pretty smells ........