Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setraline & breast cancer  (Read 2513 times)

jaypo

Re: Setraline & breast cancer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »

Totally agree xxx

Snoooze

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 09:54:11 PM »

Having read the thread where Hurdity told you about setraline I can't see how what she posted was scaremongering?

I think it's often the case that people like to have a dig at her..she must have a tough skin is all I can say the amount of sly digs always being sent her way 😡

racjen

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »

Have you actually read the rest of this thread where that misunderstanding was corrected?

Shadyglade

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »

Having read the thread where Hurdity told you about setraline I can't see how what she posted was scaremongering?

I think it's often the case that people like to have a dig at her..she must have a tough skin is all I can say the amount of sly digs always being sent her way 😡

That's sad you think that Snoooze. Sly means deceitful. Be sure who you are directing that at and have evidence to support it.

Shadyglade

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 08:50:13 AM »

Dr Currie has a section on SSRIs in the 'non HRT prescribable' section in Treatments.

No mention of cancer risk there, in fact quite the opposite.

SSRI DRUGS (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors). This is a class of anti-depressant drugs which seem to work on the "thermostat" receptor as well as neurotransmitters. Examples are Venlafaxine, Fluoxetine, and Paroxetine. They have been studied and widely used effectively for reducing flushes in women who have had breast cancer [Ref 11 and Ref 28] .

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/prescribed.php
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:01:26 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »

:thankyou:    :foryou:

I agree Shadyglade ........... eloquently put.

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »

Thank you shadyglade,very much appreciated xx

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »

But those who have never taken ADs surely shouldn't make any comments  :-\ on a Forum anymore than I would comment on HRT as it is over 25 years since I was prescribed it. 

:o

Have John Studd or Nick Panay ever taken HRT? As a matter if principle, there is of course an important distinction between Personal Experiences, and scientific information and evidence - recognised in the forum information for members...

Hurdity x

Shadyglade

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »

I understand that we should communicate our personal experience and that none of us should be regarded as medical experts. Also any other information should have links.

Obviously lines sometimes get blurred and people should do their own research to confirm. However members have the right to choose their own course of action dispite contrary info/advice given by other members.

No meno related treatment path should be dismissed just because it is not favoured by other members. Providing it is legal of course.

This is what I understand to be the point of the forum. A free flow of experience shared.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »

I don't know if Prof Studd or Dr Panay have taken HRT but actually, men can B prescribed HRT - i.e. in the treatment of prostate cancer.  My friend has been treated thus.

Shadyglade

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »

I think tedosteron is also given but I can't remember the reason.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »

My friend is taking oestrogen to damp down the testosterone.  He has put on weight  .......
Pages: 1 [2]