Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Well made it a yeR without a period & hot sweats have stayed  (Read 1368 times)

zodiac

Well made it a yeR without a period & hot sweats have stayed
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »

Hi well ive mage it to a year with out a period and life is still crap lol ,
Hot sweats are still rageing , cant sleep at night coz its two hot, sex drive has vanished, vaginL atrophy bad even putting the vagasil cream in can irritate, same as the replense infact anything that goes in that area dont feel rite , ive got to the point i dont use anything anymore coz i dont have sex,  :(
My hubby is sooo understanding as he knows how much pain i go thru when we have tryed to have sex,
But i just want to be normal again and i thought women feel good when they get to this stage of no periods , i dont    But have to admit im full of a cold , had a back tooth out, ots been a couple of month were ive caught colds lol dont normally catch anything
I did get prescribed Evorel patches begining of October but had a bug then lol. And when that went i was still getting the runs. And the jumpy legs , and was feeling very tired and wanting to goto bed at 6/7 pm at night, n couldnt sit and watch tv, co the jummpy legs drove me mad,
So put it all down to the patch and stopped it, then tryed one a few weeks later and felt really tired again n jumpy legs , so of course blamed the patch n took it off again , wasnt able to get to see a doctor till tomoz for a review on my meds
so im goin to ask this one about them and see what they say as my family history aint good everyone on my mums side suffer with hypertension, breast cancer, my nana died at 69 of it, heart probs , cancers , my mum wasnt able to have hrt but shes 85 now so it had only just come out and if it was 30/31 yrs ago when my eldest was a baby she was only in her 60s somewere,
Anyway her blood preasure hit the roof and her doctor said she should never have been given it and she went to see a dr with the same probs im having ( painfull sex)
 Y mums not really good to chat to about this as she says that my sweats should have stopped by now at 51 and a yr without a period, as think. Thats wot happend to her, and the painful sex will stop   :-\
But to be honest i dont see how
I mean i. A very a tive person , get up at 4 am for wrk, then go gym, do weights and yoga, walk everywere plus have 5 dogs, yeh theres a lot of stres with the step daughter , but just lately with have no sleep ive noticed that yeh im tired but ive also had the jumpy legs due to being tired lol,
So is there anyone whos had these patches and if yeh how did use get on with them,
And hopefully the dr i see tomoz will help me lol
I just want to feel like me again and sleep n have sex that would be nice would shock the hell put of hubby lol as its been nearly a yr without lol
Think im abnormal hahaha

Dancinggirl

Re: Well made it a yeR without a period & hot sweats have stayed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »

I'm afraid we are all different when it comes to the menopause but how long meno symptoms, like flushes, will continue into post menopause, I'm afraid nobody can tell you.  The only thing that would help you would be HRT adn you are young to be oestrogen deficient. 5 years of HRT in our 50s can help our bones and heart for the long term.
By now your oestrogen levels may well be very low so starting with the patches, which are medium dose, may not be the best way to go.  I always think it is best to start on a low dose and increase gradually till you feel you have found the right dose. 

Were the Evorel patches the continuous version or the sequential version? Combined patches are medium dose and I personally found they gave a big hit initially that made me feel awful.  I would like to suggest you try a low dose of either an oestrogen patch ( Estrodot 25mcg) or one pump of Oestrogel, used all the time,  with a separate progesterone ( either Utrogestan or Provera) for just 12 days each month.  This is a sequential regime which would give a monthly bleed but you could then tell if the progesterone suits you or not.  Starting HRT with a continuous HRT regime, which involves using progesterone all the time, is often not the best way as progesterone can give more side effects.  You can always switch to continuous after a few months if you find the progesterone suits you.

As for your ‘lady bits' - well for a start I would suggest you try Vagifem as this sometimes doesn't irritate so much but you do need a vaginal moisturiser to help with the dryness - I hated Replens (horrible stuff to use) but it's worth trying SYLK or the YES products as most women get on with these much better.  Use the Vagifem at night every day for 2 weeks and then twice a week after that and then in-between use the vaginal moisturisers ( don't use at the same time as Vagifem or it may effect absorption but you can use in the mornings after the Vagifem).  The moisturisers may well prevent too much irritation from the fillers in the Vagifem that can sometimes cause a bit of burning at first.  The local oestrogen helps to plump up the skin around your urogenital area keeping it healthy and less prone to picking up infections.

When your intimate area is feeling more comfortable, you could then attempt sex again.  I would suggest you try massaging a little coconut oil into your perineum for a few weeks before, gently stretching this area to make it more elastic and less likely to tear. It's great that your partner is understanding so I'm sure he will take things gently but I always use some Durex Perfect Glide lubricant as this makes everything more comfortable and pleasurable.

Having read about your daily regime - I think you need to be kinder to yourself.  Relaxation relaxation, relaxation, should be on prescription  - too many women are not good at this.  Yoga can be great but do you do 30mins of meditation or are you doing the full on exercises?

Sleep is very important, so do look at your sleep routine and see what you could improve. 

In summary: 
Try a different, lower dose HRT regime. Print out the info from the TREATMENTS section on this site to show the GP what you want. You might like to simply try Femoston 1/10 sequential HRT pills as this is often a good one for many women.
Ask the GP for Vagifem local oestrogen.
Order some SYLK or the YES products online - they often send out samples to try.
Buy some Coconut oil from the supermarket for rub into your premium.
The jumpy legs etc. will be stress related - so learn to do Mindfulness or some other good relaxation technique that you can practise a few times a day.
Have a good look at your diet as well - you may be lacking Vitamin D, magnesium, B12, Omega 3  etc. - all things that are good for the immune system.  WE often THINK we eat well but sadly not as well as we should.
BE kind to yourself and be a little more selfish. 
I bet with the right HRT you will feel much better.  DG x

zodiac

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:38:11 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl, i have done everything to try n sleep n relax , i take hayfever tablets everynite to help me sleep , i read a book , ive tryed lavender u name it i e done it but its too hot , now trying cbd oil but ran out n cant get anymore at mo, lol, i dont drink i don smoke , i. Just fed up n pissed of all the time , Mark hubby works 12 hr nites n we dont see each other at all we dont get any time together,  feel like i. Singel , i have no friends to chat to or go n have a brew with it just me n my dogs ,
My step daughter tryed to ruin my life when she ran away n made herself homeless, but luckly the social services dudnt beleive her, at first when she left i started to feel ok, n started sleeping but now she has to come home eventually its gone to pot lol ,
The patches wete the ones i changed thru the week, ive tryed all the herbal stuff and have had recations to them lumps n bumps so had mamograms, scans n i ternal cameras and every doctor has said to stay away from it all as im as eastrogen sensetive,
Ive try gababentin had horrible teaction to that felt like a trip, n horrible come down, tryed all anti depressants n felt worse on them and cant take my sumatriptan for migrains,
Ive done everything goin p, my telaxation is goin gym gettin out th e house, takin the dogs out ,knitting ,crocheting,coulouring in , thers nothing else i can do   I feel so fed up n life is so borring n hard wrk ,
It feels like this has been goin on for 10 yrs since i was 40 when the peri menopause started with sevear migrains

zodiac

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:14 PM »

Hi dancing girl , my diet is good , i take supliments  magnesium n vit d   Omega 3 etc to make sure im not missing out on anything , my weight is perfect , i dont smoke n dont drink , i have done a lot of reasurch into keeping myself healthy n bones strong as i hit thus crap time of life ,
Its the worst thing thats ever hapoened , i hate it , n im goin thru hell, as for men ladt bits alls ok till u go inside n its just like a pair of shoes rubbing the crap out of u , i just want to put a ice oack up inside
I just dont want to hav sex it hurts n i dont enjoy it ,  hubb doesnt even try to come near me coz i dont want sex i dont go near him either , i have no interest wots so ever,
The menapause has ruined everything , theres no othervway of puttin it