Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vitamin D  (Read 6302 times)

Shadyglade

Re: Vitamin D
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »

Here is the leaflet, as requested.

http://www.wlmht.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Vitamin-D-leaflet-A5-8pp.pdf

Also the term 'consider' in the recommendations is surely just politeness.  We would all be offended if the the NHS 'insisted' on any treatment or advice.  We don't have to follow, we choose.

Remember also that Vit D is really a hormone and not a true vitamin so just think of it a another form of HRT. 

So long as you stick to the recommend dose I can't see the problem and as one in 4 of us is probably deficient taking it is a sensible insurance.  Well I think so anyway. :)

JaneinPen

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »

We should all take Vitamin d especially as we get older. The recommendation used to be 10ug which is approx 400 iu's or a teaspoon of cod liver oil but it is now recommended to take 800-1000 iu's per day to have a normal level. I take 25ug times one per day and have done for a long time now

Spangles

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for your replies, I am now using Boots 3000 Vitamin D so I will see how it goes.

CLKD, people can start threads on whatever topic they want to on this site. It doesn't matter if there are threads on the same topic, (there are often many on the same topic). I have read other threads on here about Vitamin D, including yours, it is not a competition to see who can get the longest thread going. It's more a case of what is right for that individual at that time.

Spangles
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 08:16:42 PM »

However, too many threads on the same topic gets tiring and means that experiences are missed, if we kept to one we could keep up with each other.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »

Nope.

Conolly

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 03:55:05 PM »

Hello ladies,

This is one of the best simple reviews I've read so far regarding Vitamin D and Calcium supplements:

https://www.mdedge.com/ccjm/article/173635/endocrinology/calcium-and-vitamin-d-supplement-or-not#

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »

:thankyou:

Conolly

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 04:02:02 PM »

You're welcome 😉

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

You're welcome, Hasty.

Here's another very good article (actually an editorial) called The Death D-fying Vitamin:

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(18)30313-6/fulltext

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »

You're welcome, sparkle  :)

Conolly X

Spangles

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

However, too many threads on the same topic gets tiring and means that experiences are missed, if we kept to one we could keep up with each other.

When people are tired they don't have time to scour the forum searching for information - they they are worried they want help quickly. I notice on other threads you suggest that people use the search box, not everybody is as technically adept as you especially when they feel unwell and are tired.

As a matter of interest are you proposing to delete a thread?

Thanks Hasty.

The articles you had shared are very interesting.

As for using the search box CLKD, it doesn't recognise Vitamin D, this is because it is needs updating so. That it is able to cope with more extensive search criteria.It says that words have to be at least two characters, hence no results for vitamin D,  hence my thread! I'm so sorry you are offended by this.

Spangles
xXx

JaneinPen

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »

Thanks Conolly. A good article

Conolly

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »

Hello Herdwick,

You're welcome, thanks for reading.

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »

I have asked the Staff to check Mum's VitD levels ........ the village GP attends routinely each Monday .  She complains of 'not feeling well' but I don't know if it's low levels, because she is fixating on perceived issues within the Home or general awkwardness!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »

20 months ago.  We both were.  She doesn't get out into the fresh air as much as she did then!
Pages: 1 [2] 3