Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Cutting yourself some slack!!  (Read 1401 times)

Kb21

Cutting yourself some slack!!
« on: November 11, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »

Does anyone here find out really hard to chill out properly??

I've had terrible sleep problems for a few months but this last week it's really improved. I've been using cedarwood oil on my bed clothes and avena sativa at bedtime and keeping myself busy until bed so not sitting around too much in the evening

Anyhow. I've just woken up, after going back to sleep at 8 am. I feel riddled with panic and guilt. It's ridiculous, nothing bad is going to happen. I realise I rubbish at just giving myself a break.

Can anyone relate??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cutting yourself some slack!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:13:53 PM »

Drop the guilt!  Who are you answerable to?  If there is family, then delegate ;-).

I stopped feeling guilty years ago.  The person in my Life gets may attention when I'm well enough, that is DH.  Mum hates it when I tell her that he is the most important person ;-). 

Do you have hobbies?  Reading, TV, walking, gardening keep me occupied and when I need to, I sleep.  Anywhere  ::)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 05:50:00 PM »

If I didn't do my chores for some reason, I'd feel guilty
If I sat around not doing much , I'd feel bad and guilty. I'd really beat myself up over it.
NOW though, I don't!
Ive gone through far too much to worry about what's got to be done and what hasn't.
I put myself 1st now, and my OH. And get round to things when they need doing, but when I want to do them. Don't get wrong, I'm not a lazy person, I've just learnt to drop the guilt.
My health is more important, and my well being.
So is yours, stop beating yourself up, it's time to look after yourself.. ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »

People when they visit come to see me, surely not to discuss my lack of housekeeping skills  ;D

Kb21

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 02:41:41 AM »

Thanks ladies, seems to be a theme for my mood recently...

Working hard on more positive self chat.

JaneinPen

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »

It was interesting reading what CLKD said because since my back issues flared up in March to the point I couldn't do anything at all I was doing most everything in the house. Letting go of this to my dear husband was really hard particularly once I was back downstairs and able to see that his methods and ideas of clearing up were different to mine I knew I had to zip it and close my eyes because at the end of the day he was doing everything so that I could get better and my friends still drop in and the house isn't falling down. As CLKD rightly said we really do have to give ourselves some slack and for me after more than 40 years married it is actually quite nice that he is more proactive

Doris13

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »

Hi all ive just joined the forum ,i am only 44 n i haven't had aperiod for 14 months got hot flushes night sweats ,low mood weepy ect ive been 2 my gp had blood test which indicates menopause ive been given estradiol 2mg/1mg has anyone out there got any positive or negative feedback i am eldest woman in the family and i lost my mom at 57 to cancer so i have no one to tell me im not going mad 😥😲 tnx doris

Kb21

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 05:31:33 AM »

Hi Doris13.

Bless you. You're not going mad. I'm new here too and new to the idea of being menopausal.

I'm pretty sure you're not going mad, it's our crazy hormones. I'm very surprised at how much I've been affected mentally.

There are loads of lovely people on here with tons of experience, open a new thread if you want to ask anything.

NaturalMystic

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »

Hi all ive just joined the forum ,i am only 44 n i haven't had aperiod for 14 months got hot flushes night sweats ,low mood weepy ect ive been 2 my gp had blood test which indicates menopause ive been given estradiol 2mg/1mg has anyone out there got any positive or negative feedback i am eldest woman in the family and i lost my mom at 57 to cancer so i have no one to tell me im not going mad 😥😲 tnx doris
Hi 🙋 Doris.

My first day at posting here too and I understand your feeling alone, I do also.

It really is lonely inside our menopausal anxious minds.