Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: re. problem with NHS online appointment referral service  (Read 1318 times)

Katejo

re. problem with NHS online appointment referral service
« on: November 02, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »

My GP decided to give me a Urogynaecology referral and I have got the letter today which asks me to book a slot. I have done this several times before but this time it seems odd. It appears to offer appointments at 3 different hospitals which come under Barts NHS trust. 2 of the 3 are easy to get to so I looked at their info about availability of appointments and tried to book one.
I clicked on one of them and it offered 3 different dates/times which were all suitable for me so I tried to choose one. I clicked on it and was told that it wasn't available. I tried the other 2 dates and got the same. The other hospital said it had no dates at all and asked me to give a phone number.
I will wait until Monday and try again but it does seem odd to offer dates which aren't available. I have never had this before.

Tinkerbell

Re: re. problem with NHS online appointment referral service
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 01:07:09 AM »

I had that recently when I had to book an opthalmogy appointment, I had to ring the number on the letter.

Katejo

Re: re. problem with NHS online appointment referral service
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »

I had that recently when I had to book an opthalmogy appointment, I had to ring the number on the letter.
  I have just remembered to try again on a weekday and this time it worked. Have got an appointment quite quickly later this month on the 23rd. There were plenty of available dates/times so the previous problem must have occurred because it was the weekend.