Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Confused.com  (Read 1260 times)

Kazoos

• First Flush
Confused.com
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »

Morning everyone,
Please can I have some advise, I've been on HRt for about 8 months now ime fine on the oesotrogen tablets but the Progestogen tablets are making me really moody low mood tired anxiety generally crap tbh ... my Gp's put me on tridestra ime on the 7 placebo tablets now and I've got awful breast / nipple pain and feeling generally crap I crnt stop eating ime getting fat and feel like crying all the time ... I've to go back to see my GP for some more tablets and don't know weather to try something new or persevere with these I crnt remember the name of the hrt I was on before but that didn't suit me either ... ime 51 feeling fat and totally fed up! ... can anyone please give me some advise thanks 🙏 xx

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused.com
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Many women struggle with any type of progesterone. It might be worth you trying Utrogestan, which is a body identical progesterone, and use these capsules vaginally ( not licensed to be used this way in the UK but it is everywhere else )to avoid some of the side effects. You would use oestrogen as either pills, patch or gel alongside.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to find the info you need - print this info off to show the GP as they usually don't know about this hrt regime. DG x

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:20:51 AM »

Yep - I did 3 months of Tridestra(which is one pack because it a long cycle hrt) the progesterone in it is medroxyprogesterone.
I couldn't take it and it was ditched after the first pack.
The white tablets are taken on days 1 - 70
The blue tablets are taken on days 71 - 84.
The yellow tablets are taken on days 85 - 91. These are the dummy bleed pills

Personally for me I think it has to do with not being able to control the oestrogen level/absorption - I'm not sure what level the oestrogen pills deliver though. I am pretty progesterone intolerant so it should have been grand but I found (unusually so because it is normally progesterone that causes me the problem) that I got more miserable and sore as the 1-70 days went on.

I changed to oestrogel and Utrogestan on a cycle (although I am post meno).  I had sore breasts for the first week to 10 days.  In the last 2 months I have dropped a dress size (not dieting) no more joint pain, no more anxiety but I still have problems with motivation, energy and I get depressed when I am on the progesterone which I use vaginally as Dancinggirl says.  Utrogestan, in my opinion does seem to be a "kinder"progesterone.  Progesterone is the chemical that causes PMT when we are fertile and a lot of women struggle with it on an hrt regime. If you struggle with it it is one of those things we have to put up with to feel better the rest of the time and my way of dealing with it is to take it for a short a time as possible where its job is just to shed the womb lining.

You will see from loads of posts here some womem hit the jackpot on an hrt regime first time and then it progresses with others right through every prescription the GP can pull out of the book.  There are loads of combinations - sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error before you get whats right for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »

:welcomemm: browse round.  Make notes!

Kazoos

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:00:50 PM »

Thanks so much for the advise .. It's really appreciated 😘😘

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »

Hi Kazoos

:welcomemm: from me too.

Also if you are on the placebo pills you are now going through what is known as progesterone withdrawal which itself causes severe pmt symptoms in some women whatever the progestogen type ( ie even if you are taking one you tolerate). Coupled with that because they are placebo pills your oestrogen levels are also dropping - much like with a normal period so a double whammy. Most HRT types are designed to avoid this oestrogen crash (ie no placebo week like with the CCP) so the only thing you have to put up with is the progesterone withdrawal.  I think the lack of oestrogen in the placebo week is to ensure a proper bleed before the lining starts to build again because Tridestra involves a 3 month cycle so there can be a risk of endometrial thickening.

If it wasn't for this ( need for protecting the womb) I wold be tempted to say ask you doc if you can go straight back on to the oestrogen tablets and miss the placebo pills - you would still get a bleed. Might be less good for the uterus though so a scan might be advised after a year - and doc may not be agreeable to this if deviating from the licesned regime?

That doesn't deal with the issue of not liking the progestogen itself and the others have made good suggestions on that score.

Let us know what you decide and how you get on with a different regime if this is what you choose?

Hurdity x

Kazoos

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »

Thanks Hurdity
I've been back to doc's ( saw a locum🙄) he was quiet nice tbh .. i mention the Utrogestan but he wasn't keen because it's not combined ... he's given me femseven  sequi patches to try .. he looked to see what types of prostegen I've tried and said I've not tried this one so thought ide give it a go ... I feel ok today mood wise it's just my boobs! 😕 .. there really sore and I've a mouth full of ulcers! ... ooh hate this time of life! ... ime just waiting for the bleed now he said to finish the placebo tablets then start the patches! ... wish me luck! Lol ... thanks again for all your advise it's just nice to have someone to talk to that understands what your going through! ☺️☺️☺️ Xxx