Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with hrt  (Read 4496 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Help with hrt
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »

If your Mirena is over 4 years old then you do need to change this soon. Hope things improve DG x

Sue174

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »

Thanks DancingGirl xx

Sue174

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm just sitting here still mulling over hrt etc and just wondered if anyone could advise because deep down I'm thinking to stop hrt altogether (Evorel 50 oestrogen patches) and have my mirena coil taken out too as just over 5 years old and be without everything. Wouldn't know what to expect but would things get back to normal and how long for everything to get out of system ... only been trying different hrts 3 months but don't want to keep struggling with this. Any advice would be much appreciated please xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 01:02:19 PM »

Sue174 - if you have had your Mirena for 5 years then you should have it changed anyway if you wanted to stick with it as part of HRT( your GP should know this!!).

I assume you had the Mirena for contraception originally? Why did you start the oestrogen?  What symptoms were you getting?

If you did have it removed and stopped the oestrogen patches, you could then have a proper break to see how you feel. If you are still peri menopause then your periods might well start again but could be erratic - however it would give you the chance to reassess and move forward in a more positive way. I don't think you have told us your age?

A break from everything might well be a good idea at this stage. DG x

Sue174

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »

Hi DancingGirl, I had mirena for heavy periods and started with the oestrogen patches last week as was on combined and started feeling anxious, low mood, not eating or sleeping properly. I'm 53 and only know I had the blood test 2 yrs ago confirming on menopause. Before I started hrt not many symptoms at all, not to disrupt anything.  I know I'm probably being really impatient to see if this works and want a quick solution but after 3 months I don't feel any better, no worse mind. My husband retires in a couple of weeks and I don't want to be like this. Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »

Ahh yes, I remember now. Your silly GP had put you on combined hrt when you didn't need extra progesterone.
I think it might be worth trying the oestrogen only patches for 2-3 weeks to give them a chance to kick in but make an advance appointment with the GP to either remove or replace the Mirena for 3 weeks time.
DG x

Sue174

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »

Hi DancingGirl, I think that's the trouble that the gp doesn't seem to help and one said I shouldn't be on hrt anyway that I'm depressed. I've got an appt beginning November so will keep going. As I say I just expect it to work instantly and feel better ... my sister saw vast improvement on same things in less than a week. If no change when back to drs will stop everything. Thank you so much again for all your help and advice xxx

Sue174

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

Hi everyone, hope all ok with you all. I just wanted to update you all a month on ... I stopped all HRT and just kept on with the antidepressants and thank goodness I'm feeling my old self again and it's amazing after those few really bad weeks when I thought it wouldn't get any better. I just wanted to thank you all for all your advice and being there for me when I really needed someone xxxxx thank you 💕
Pages: 1 [2]