Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: i-Cool for Menopause  (Read 2563 times)

Bluebell

i-Cool for Menopause
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »

Hi Ladies has anyone ever tried i-Cool for Menopause tablets. I think they are sold in the States?

I've tried most things but nothing is helping me. I'm 64 and 5 years post menopausal and still getting day and night sweats, palpitations, terrible anxiety and the latest is a burning tongue and mouth 🤷🏼‍♀️

I had to take a beta blocker today for the palpitations - I've had the heart monitors on 3 times and had ecg's and nothing has shown up so it must just be the drop in oestrogen.

When I get them I get very anxious. At the moment I am taking Menopace, Magnesium, Calcium and Cod liver oi with vitamin D. 🙏🏽

So...if someone has had great success with a particular product I would be very grateful to hear ot.

Dancinggirl

Re: i-Cool for Menopause
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

Hi Carol
I'm 62 and stopped HRT over 2 years ago. I'm not expecting the flushes to stop anytime soon - for me it is more an inability to control my body temperature!
Anyway, due to premature menopause, I have around 35 odd years of coping with menopause symptoms, with and without HRT, I've tried every remedie there is to try - nothing but HRT really works I'm afraid, so save your money.
I now do lots of Mindfulness meditation to help me cope with everything, I walk a great deal and go to Pilates to try and maintain muscle strength.
I do take Red Clover (Premensil high strength) as it does seem to reduce my flushes a bit but I have also researched this and Red Clover is supposed to give some protection for the bones and heart. It is expensive and you need to take them for some time to feel any benefit - if at all.
Do learn relaxation techniques - that is my top tip. DGx

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:35:09 PM »

Hi Dancingirl, I actually do practise mindfulness on occasion and I also walk everyday.
I think your right re: remedies I have a cupboard full of all kinds of pills and potions but nothing seems to stop the flushing and the nightsweats which wake me up and then I'm lying there unable to get back to sleep and feeling anxious. I tried Red Clover at the beginning of my menopause but on your advice I think I'll try it again...I'll also get back into the mindfulness again.
Many thanks for replying.  😉 X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:39 PM »

How is your diet overall?  Which symptom would you like to ditch first?

It's The Change.  But no-one warned us  >:(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »

I think the sleep deprivation is the worst meno symptom. Waking in the small hours unable to get back to sleep is awful. I now take myself into a lovely place and focus hard on that and try not to worry that I'm not sleeping. I have found that a pillow spray made by ‘This Works' has helped a bit with sleep - I was very sceptical about it and maybe it's mainly placebo but it has helped.
I can cope so much better when I get a good 6 hours sleep.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »

Nowt wrong with placebo!

I get odd nights when sleep is interrupted so I read/doze/plan shopping lists  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

What is mindfulness?is it classes or dvd?ive not heard of it before

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 09:54:43 AM »

Thank you sparkle xx