Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Peppermint tea  (Read 4975 times)

Pmj 28

Peppermint tea
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:17:16 AM »

Hi ladies do any of you drink peppermint tea to help you with your stomach, just started to have this problem all so have low back ache get a bit constipated and diarrhea .Went to doctors about it as I have hot flushes and on hrt , she said it could be my collon. But not like it all of the time my periods are late or early I never know to me it feels like I am going to start my period
Was reading about the tea and was just wondering if any of drink it
Take care
Paula
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:38:29 AM by Pmj 28 »

Dancinggirl

Re: Peppermint tea
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:04 AM »

I drink a lot if peppermint tea since I was diagnosed with diverticulitis. Diverticulosis is pretty common I believe ( little pockets that develop in the lower bowel and become inflamed) and it causes lower stomach and back pain. Constipation makes it worse but diarrhoea often trigger inflammation so eating enough fibre is crucial. I had developed acid reflux so was given PPIs which really mucked up my digestive system and I got awful wind and diarrhoea so peppermint tea really helped. I stopped having any caffiene and fruit juices and eat small meals regularly through the day. If I eat stodgy foods like pasta or get tempted to eat too much at once then I get a flare up of the diverticulitis.
I think it's about being disciplined with your diet and also getting enough exercise to keep the digestive system working well. DG x

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »

Thank you dancinggirl , I all so get acid reflux, not had caffeine for a long time just started to eat Brown bread and I had a glass of cranberry juice light day  I feel ok drinking that
Paula
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:39:11 AM by Pmj 28 »

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:49:53 AM »

I have always been a ‘windy' person! So started drinking peppermint tea years ago. I drink around 4 mugs a day. I think it helps with digestion as if I'm out for a meal and don't have peppermint tea after eating then I really notice how uncomfortable I feel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:35:56 AM »

When I had heart burn after breast surgery the Nurse gave me peppermint tea in the early hours of the morning but she wouldn't share her receipe  ;D but it did the trick!  Wasn't too much like toothpaste  ::)

JaneinPen

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:40:42 PM »

I too drink decaf coffee but a lot of hot water and peppermint tea too. I find it is a good tummy settler and if out for a meal always finish with it

Pmj 28

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »

Thank you ladies, going to get some peppermint tea hope it well help been preimenapause for 4 years just think you got your head around things something else comes along
Paula x

Shadyglade

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »

I know it's good for you but uck :(

marge

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »

Just indulging in my second mug of the day - settles the stomach good and proper!

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 07:52:44 AM »

Agree it's very good also agree it's yuk😂.I seem to have gotten used to it now and it's more acceptable but I can't take without just 1 spoon of sugar.Ive came across a new probiotic. I just can't get on with the multiple strains type.this one is amazing it's called alflorex and works in a completely different way,Have a look on Amazon.very costly but who cares if it works, I especially needed it on the triple therapy treatment for my gut so I'm happy to pay that if it works and.for me it has.
Good luck with your tea hope it helps you.😘D.D

Flaky47

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »

I find peppermint tea is great after a meal to help digestion. If I've had a stodgy meal it helps get rid of the over full feeling, and if I've had a healthy, light veggie meal it helps with the windy feeling   :o

For those that find peppermint tea too toothpasty, I've just discovered peppermint and licorice tea which has much the same beneficial effect. Aldi do a good one which is in their posh range in the black boxes (can't remember what it's called but the equivalent to Sainsbury's Taste the Difference but a fraction of the cost). If feeling flush, teapigs also do a peppermint and licorice but as well as being much more expensive it's quite sweet.

For me tea is the answer to most problems...

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 08:02:42 PM »

I drink peppermint tea - after a bad bout of indigestion and acid reflux I added it to my daily beverage and now I love it !

I believe it really settles my tum

❤️❤️Ss