Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: CBD oil  (Read 23310 times)

jaypo

CBD oil
« on: October 24, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about this cannabis oil?Apparently it's supposed to be good for anxiety,saw it in health food shop,was a bit pricey but I'd give anything a shot

BlueButterfly

Re: CBD oil
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »

Hi again!

I've heard very good things about it. Yes it can be very helpful for anxiety for many people. Just make sure it is good quality.

They have done studies that show it is effective for anxiety. THC (what makes you high) can make anxiety worse but what you can buy in the store has very little to no THC in it so not a problem.

It is also supposed to have very minimal side effects. Start small and build your dose up to see how it affects you.

I do hate how expensive it is. I wish they had smaller sample sizes because it isn't great spending that much money to get something that might not work. I like CBD for pain (Topically), especially nerve pain. Now if only I could find it. I put it somewhere but like my brain could remember where it ended up!

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »

Hello, I have tried it for nerve pain and found it to be quite effective, not miraculous but effective and the stuff you buy over the counter has none of the "get high" components in it so no need to worry there.  Here in NI there seems to be a company who have quite a lot stands in shopping centres  The number of different products and delivery methods is mind blowing and I think how expensive it is varies on the method you choose.  I got some in Holland and Barrett the first time but found it wasn't good enough quality (I think that's an important factor to look for and I found it out when I was doing some reading) and then I got some off the internet...there are a few quite big suppliers that have been in the press lately.  I think there is another longer thread on here about CBD oil started about 3 weeks ago maybe?

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »

Thank you xx

Snoooze

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 03:51:43 PM »

Yes it's been mentioned on here a few times so if you type it into the search bar...

I don't think it's widely available in UK or at least it didn't used to be. I think you have to order it online.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 08:56:49 AM »

Hello ladies.

Grapetree are now selling CBD oil as well as Holland and Barrett plus there are plenty of sources online.

Hope this helps and wishing you all well.

K.

Shadyglade

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »

I have capsules from Heathspan but am reluctant to use them. Not enough reliable information yet.

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »

The oil in the dropper bottles - you put a certain number of drops under your tongue and leave for a minute (mine says) depending on the strength then swallow.  Tastes a bit weird but not bad.  I suppose the absorption is better than if it goes through the stomach in capsules or if your liver doesn't like it!

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »

Think Grapetree has the high strength one as apparently Holland & Barrett have only the weaker strength one.......if that helps  :)

Annika

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 07:12:53 PM »

I just ordered some of this online (Amazon) for my back pain. Does anyone know how you take it? Orally or do you rub it on?

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »

Think it's orally,drops on the tongue,is it high strength do you know'the weaker ones don't seem to get good reviews.let us know how you get on

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »

Haha hasty,I've heard it's pretty disgusting 🤢

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »

That's brilliant hasty,wonder if it works for anxiety as well

misskh

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 07:05:18 PM »

I'm using it for athritis in my hand....have noticed a sight improvement.
It's the one from H&B, dropper type..  but it's very gloopy....doesn't seem as much in as started on the bottle.

I'm going to give the one from Healthspan a try....

Ladybt28

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 11:45:18 AM »

Hey Hasty - I have the one you put under your tongue from H&B and yep its definitely an acquired taste - unfortunately for me it doesn't seem to do much but maybe I haven't given it enough time or maybe like everyone says I need a higher strength.  Seems like general opinion is that the Holland and Barrett one is a bit weak.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7