Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advise please  (Read 916 times)

KarolKelly63

Advise please
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »

Hello
Could anyone advise if it is worth another visit to my GP as I am on my third brand of HRT and feel the symptoms that brought me to the GP one year ago are back.  Quick recap is that I was started on Kilovance 1mg then GP increased that to 2mg. Felt better for a while (3 months) then joint and neck pain returning Now on Femoston 1mg and feel as bad as one year ago.  Tired, sore joints, lethargy.  On my last visit GP mentioned perhaps I needed the gel HRT option.  Could someone advise if this could be the answer? Many thanks.  Do you think I need more of the Ostregon than Prostegon hormone ?  Sorry bad spelling but all new to this and there seems so many options 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advise please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »

Browse round.  Maybe put the product names into the search box on here, make notes.  There is a treatment section in green above which may be of use.  HRT may not be a complete cure .........

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Do you take pain relief?  Also the body may become dry: inside and out  :o skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina .......

Some ladies keep a mood/food/symptom diary .......

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »

HRT won't fix everything and joint pain is often helped with the right exercise. I wake in the morning to awful back, hip and neck pain but once I get moving and go a good brisk walk things are really better. I do pilates classes and exercises and I've had treatment and advice about good stretching from an osteopath.  It is tough to keep things going as we age. Dg x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »

Hi KarolKelly63
Are you post meno?
I'm on femoston conti, and had to up my femoston to 1.1/2mg. Which done me great for a while,
I didn't want to change to something else because after using femseven patches,( which gave me horrible migraines,)I realised that the progesterone in the femoston was ok for me. I also use Sandrena gel, along side femoston, which the doctor said ok about, just for extra oestrogen.
This regime works well for me.
You can get 1mg, femoston & 0.5mg femoston, which I get on repeat prescription.
Maybe you need a little more oestrogen. Although like what the other posts are saying, hrt doesn't solve everything.
Hope this helps, good luck
Keep us posted how you get on.

Just to add, you have been on 2mg, then you've been dropped back down to 1mg, so that's why I'm saying you probably need more oestrogen,  you could go on the gel, oestrogen and separate progesterone, which can be taken orally, and continuously if your post meno,  xx
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:07:02 PM by jillydoll »