Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Effects of just oestrogen  (Read 868 times)

Anjia

Effects of just oestrogen
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »

I wonder if anyone can relate to this. I have been using oestrogen only since a total hysterectomy six years ago there are ups and downs but what I find is if I up the dose I feel good with lots of energy to do things but my mind can't settle .I love to read but can't concentrate  and always feel on edge the last few weeks I decided to cut my patch in half and felt calmer but now the flushes are back and night sweats waking me up ,I wonder if I stick this out my body will settle and the sweats will stop ?

Wrensong

Re: Effects of just oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:18:37 PM »

Hi Anjia, did you go straight from whole patch to half?  You could maybe go back up to 3/4 if so & see how you feel on that, then reduce further to half if need be.  Even if you don't want to go back up I think it worth persevering as the withdrawal effects may well subside in time.  I have never been on oestrogen only, but do find that any change in dose, up or down, or to a different regime causes vasomotor symptoms to worsen.

Erika28

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »

This is why, I think, we need estrogen WITH some testosterone, for the energy, improved concentration and calmness.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »

Hello Anjia

I certainly feel on edge all the time and struggle to settle to any task. It's like having too much nervous energy.

I have recently  reduced my  Oestrogen slightly and low and behold, my sweats have come back. At least I think that's the reason rather than the hot weather!   I can handle  the sweating and flushing but at the moment I'm still on edge all the time. Your post has made me wonder if lowering oestrogen will help me feel calmer in the long run and the flushing will settle or is the price I'll have to pay?

I think some other ladies have said that oestrogen can make them feel 'wired' but I don't recall mention of more sweating.   It will be interesting to read their experiences  and I'll be following your thread closely.

Wishing you well.

K.