Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tridestra versus femeston  (Read 1042 times)

Ginastaunton

Tridestra versus femeston
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »

Hello all, I am looking for reviews of people taking tridestra.  I am keen to read any reviews especially from those who have swapped after using femeston like me.  My GP has suggested I maybe intolerant of progesterone inHRT such as femeston as after being bleed three for over 3 years and started menopause in late 40's. I'm 50 now and have tried 2 continuous types of HRT elleste and then femeston which have both caused heavy and erratic bleeding. I have been given all clear after having thorough investigations re bleeding.

Looking forward to any help and advice re type of HRT that maybe beneficial

Hurdity

Re: Tridestra versus femeston
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »

Looks like your post got missed Ginagee. To find out more about Tridestra if you go to the home page of the forum and put that in the search box you will get threads about this HRT type in particular.

Mostly there seems to be some criticism of its use in early peri-menopause when periods are still fairly regular but sporadic - due to breakthrough bleeding when ovulations occur between the prog cycles. In late peri and post-menopause it will enable you to space out the prog although these long 3 month cycles have fallen out of favour with gynaes due to the increased risk of endometrial thickening and potential cancer. Most of us doing longer cycles go no longer than 2 months. Some women report heavy bleeds and cramping on Tridestra as I recall, due to the long period of time between the prog cycles and therefore a greater thickness of endometrium (womb lining) to shed.

The other alternatives if you want to take tablets is to take oestrogen only tablets and separate progestogen (either Provera or "natural" bio(body)-identical progesterone - Utrogestan - and then choose your cycle length in collaboration with your doctor, or else have a Mirena coil fitted which would eventually stem any erratic bleeding.

Hurdity x

Karen capo

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:21:27 PM »

Hi there ..ive been on Tridestra..i ve been on it for 3 months and then had the worst period ever..ive got fibroids n not had a period for 8 months..the hot sweats were off the scale..spoke to my doc today and she advised me to try the Mirena coil..has anyone else had any problems like this on Tridestra

Dee123

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

Can I ask how this worked out?
I’d been on evoril sequi patches for almost 2 years with no issues and then they suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. Lockdown kicked in and over a phone consultation I was prescribed tridestra. All was fine until this week (placebo week). It started with stomach cramps, something I haven’t suffered with since my teens. Then the constant rollercoaster ride through hell in the form of hot flushes, constant irritability and this morning I was woken just after 4am and it honestly felt like I was in labour. At one point I was on my hands and knees trying to breathe through it and then I had to run to the loo because I thought I needed a number 2 - I didn’t. And it was like that until lunchtime.
Is this normal?
I seriously cant go through this every three months.

Pljonesey

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »

Hi i have been on tridestra for 9 months. They def work on my hot flushes and i dont have any other symptoms but when the ‘period’ comes then i know about it. They are heavy, long and can be very painful. A couple of times I’ve nearly passed out with the pain, leg shaking and cant move. I never had periods like that before. Ive never given birth but I imagine it could be like that. Last time i went to gp for 6 m check it was a bloke who just weighed me did my bp and that was it. When i go in 3 months i am going to see my normal female doctor who put me on it as she was very thorough before she prescribed me. I am 55 but dont know if my own periods have actually stopped or not. I havent had any breakthrough bleeding whilst on it. Prior to going on it i was having periods about every 12 weeks or so.