Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 6 months in Femoston 1/10  (Read 703 times)

Winniepoppy

6 months in Femoston 1/10
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Evening All,
Following advice here I have given Femoston 1/10 6 months, also decided to engage in some CBT to assist with some of the anxiety I was experiencing. We did a lot of work on self-compassion and making time for me (difficult as a single mum of 2 under 12's who works full time).
But to be honest I'm uncertain if any of it has actually helped, still get anxiety, still bleeding twice a month, still a b***h for a least two weeks of every month, still feel totally overwhelmed by life, still exhausted, now have headaches regularly too (blood pressure is fine). Had a US scan of pelvis and nothing of note, new GP has referred me to a gynaecologist which is great but life is still pants, for a while I felt better but now feel I'm back where I started.
Been like this for a couple of years now and really quite worried that this is me, not perimenopause, the sheer effort required to keep house, kids and work rotating is just too much.
Not wanting sympathy, maybe some reassurance that this is "normal" and that it can improve, or some tips on survival.
Thanks for reading

Dancinggirl

Re: 6 months in Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »

I personally have found that this feeling of being overwhelmed by life, whether on hrt or not, just gets worse as I get older - I am 62 now. I was menopausal from my early 30s when my children were small and my son has special needs and felt like I was reeling through life just coping from day to day.
I do think it's partly a personality thing but it's mainly what life throws at you and it's a feeling of ‘please let things stop for a while so I can have a physical and mental rest'.
If the hrt is controlling the hot flushes then that's great but it does sound as though the progesterone is effecting you negatively but Femoston has one of the kinder progesterones.
The headaches could well be because of tension because you feel so overwhelmed.
Dealing with everything on your own without practical support is very tough - you doubtless feel very alone with it all.
From what you are telling us, it's not just down to the peri meno but perhaps try the oestrogen patch with Utrogestan regime - discuss this with the gynaecologist - as this progesterone may work better for you moodwise. Go to your appointment with the info printed out as many gynaecologists are not familiar with this type of HRT.
As your children get a bit older, become less dependent and hopefully understand how tough things are for you, then things can get better. DG x

Winniepoppy

Re: 6 months in Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:11:25 PM »

Thank you Dancing Girl for such a considered and kind response. Sorry to hear you've had similar to deal with and I agree, worrying is in my make up and I have had therapy for it previously. Work is very pressured currently (I work in the NHS!) which doesn't help but can't help feeling that some stability hormone wise would be of benefit in keeping all the balls in the air...I had to leave work early today as the dizziness was making me fall over!
I now have a gynae appt for the 1st November and so will take the information from this site to that.
Have also decided to get a cleaner, I am lucky that I can now afford one to do a few hours once a fortnight and I need to release the pressure somewhere.
Thank you again