Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Patches not working when on left side  (Read 866 times)

Dawnp

Patches not working when on left side
« on: June 16, 2022, 09:09:13 PM »

Does anyone else find their patches work better on one side compared to the other? Bit odd but I’m realising that when my patches are on my left side they don’t work - or at least I am having massive hot flushes- until I change them over to the right again.
It’s so bad tonight that I am debating ripping them off and switching back to the right again. I only put them on an hour ago and I’m suddenly overwhelmed with heat. I’ve tracked it back over the last fortnight and it’s been the same whenever I put them on the left. Help!!

Flossieteacake

Re: Patches not working when on left side
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:23:59 PM »

I feel my patch does not feel 'right' on my left side. I am not really sure why. I now just put it in different areas on my right side. If you feel uncomfortable then I would put a patch on your right side. It is not worth feeling bad.

Dawnp

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 09:36:36 PM »

That’s really good to know. My only slight difficulty is that I have two patches and finding different places for them all the time might be tricky. In fact it will soon be three patches as the 100 patch wasn’t in stock so I have to use 50s instead. Actually wondering if the problem might be over absorption on that side given the massive sudden rush of heat less than an hour after applying. Slightly worried what might happen if I swap it straight away now. Aaargh. Can’t cope with this. I’m so hot I feel like I’m going to pass out and this lasts for hours, given my experience over the last fortnight.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 09:09:31 AM »

That’s really good to know. My only slight difficulty is that I have two patches and finding different places for them all the time might be tricky. In fact it will soon be three patches as the 100 patch wasn’t in stock so I have to use 50s instead. Actually wondering if the problem might be over absorption on that side given the massive sudden rush of heat less than an hour after applying. Slightly worried what might happen if I swap it straight away now. Aaargh. Can’t cope with this. I’m so hot I feel like I’m going to pass out and this lasts for hours, given my experience over the last fortnight.

It is tricky when you have 3 patches. I have had to put 2 patches on but not 3. It is so annoying not being able to get 100. I am on 100 too. I hope you are feeling better today and managed to sleep.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:17:24 PM »

I'm using a 50 and half a 25 at the moment  ;D

I didn't realise the 25 would be physically smaller than the 50, I don't know why that surprised me. I thought they would all visibly be the same size, just with different amounts of estrogen in them. But the 25 is literally almost half the size of the 50. Is the 75 bigger than the 50 then!?  (I'm using Estradot if brand matters!)

Clarella

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 07:46:12 AM »

Yes it’s pretty big!

joziel

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 03:56:37 PM »

Wow that's v interesting. Something to look forwards to!!

Kat36

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »

I have the opposite problem. I find that on my left side the patch goes into overdrive and I get a restless leg - happens every time. It’s like it’s feeding my nerves. I’m sticking to just my ride side now as not worth being uncomfortable. 

Bandango42

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 01:46:50 PM »

I'm on my second month of patches, since starting I've put them at the top of my thigh on either side. Haven't really felt better. Yesterday was the worst day and a change patch day so I put it on my bum cheek. I feel like a different person today, soooo much better. I didn't think it mattered where you put it but surely it's not coincidence?! But yeah, I agree. It does seem to make a difference where you put it 🤷‍♀️