Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Brown spotting whilst on Elleste Solo and Utrogestan  (Read 1056 times)

Cocobra

Brown spotting whilst on Elleste Solo and Utrogestan
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:19:40 PM »

Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone can help me. I've been on HRT (Elleste Solo 2pm+Utrogestan 100 mg) for over two years (I'm 46). This cycle, a day before I started taking Utrogestan I got some brown spotting in my mucus accompanied by some sharp pain in my left ovary. Upon reading the leaflets, I see that if such a symptom occurs I should get in touch with my doctor as soon as possible. Has this happened to anyone and what are the possible causes? I'll try to get in touch with my gynaecologist next week, but it may not be until late next week when she's in clinic that I can reach her. Meanwhile, I'm a bit worried ...

Thank you very much in advance for any thoughts/feedback you wish to share. All best to all.

NinaH

Re: Brown spotting whilst on Elleste Solo and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »

I'm changing to sequi because of this. Have been fine for over a year but this last few months I've been bleeding erratically. I know it's because I went onto continuous too early - I was still having periods and am 46.

I hate the thought of it but I can't stand this unpredictability. Serves me right I guess 😂

If you didn't have a period for a year beforehand then of course that's different and as Stella says above it could be you've not been taking enough utrogestan

Cocobra

Re: Brown spotting whilst on Elleste Solo and Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

Dear both,

thank you so much for your responses. It's not my menstruation yet - now the little clots of brown stains in my mucus have subsided, but still a bit of staining. Sorry, Stella, I should have said: I'm taking 2 pills of 100mgs each of Utrogestan for 14 days, in fact!

Mamachunk, what is sequi? Sorry for my ignorance ...

I don't particularly mind the unpredictable (no, I do mind it); I just get paranoid that this sort of things mean something evil in my ovaries ... My gynaecologist has replied via email:
I wouldn't worry about the bleeding being a bit asynchronous. As long as you bleed once a cycle it is fine. As for the soreness around the ovary, I would suggest a painkiller such as Naproxen for it provided you are not asthmatic or allergic to it. If it continues to persist do let me know. None of these are concerning enough for urgent medical attention although I fully acknowledge the discomfort you are going through.

Is this right? I think she misunderstood that this is not normal bleeding ... Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance :0)