Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: 48 peri, evorel and Merina coil works great..... but what’s next.... ?  (Read 678 times)

TraceyTracey

Hi all

I am wondering... the Estrogen patches and Merina seem to work well... but I am 48 and still peri I think.  will this combo be enough throughout meno (my 50's) and keep the symptoms at bay.

I have an urgency to pee and have been given Vagifem to add to my routine which I am still getting used to, it's been a few weeks.  I am not dry down there yet, but the water works are letting me down.

Could this be my routine forever now and be enough to keep me in the land if the functioning and have the energy to live a busy life.    I just want to know the best path to take to keep my enjoyment of life and to function at a high level.  What do I look out for symptom wise next my meno journey. 

Thank you  :)

NorthArm

Hi TraceyTracey

My gynae told me I could stay on the Mirena and patch until stumps (that's if the Mirena is ok for me, having it inserted in about 10 days 😱)...she told me she has ladies in their 70s & 80s with one in to prevent uterine cancer....hope this helps xx

Hurdity

Don't look out for symptoms!! Life's too short to worry about what mght or might not happen in the future! If the combo is working now  then great - just carry on! Not sure how you know that menopause will be in your 50's? It isn't an age thing - there is a range of ages when it happens... Have you been had a Mirena for several years so don't know what your natural cycle is? I really wouldn't worry - just get on with life. You can't expect to have the energy eg in late 60's that you have in your 40's whatever HRT you use as ageing will play a part - but you can make the most of life and certainly use HRT  long term if you want to - to eliminate the most troublesome symptoms!

Hurdity x