Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tingling and itchy brfore flush  (Read 2054 times)

LW44

Tingling and itchy brfore flush
« on: November 03, 2018, 11:52:22 AM »

Hi

Well i think i may have another symtom of peri menopause... im about 3 years in and 47, i take 1mg of oesteogen in tablet form, still have ovaries but under hospital care as progestrone intolerant.. due to have mirena fitted . I still have periods on and off.. been 3 months since last one and counting... anyway my hot flushes seem to be getting worse.. have them most days... the last two days ive noticed pin **** feeling from head to toe and feel i need to itch, quite painful.. just before a flush... has anyone experienced this?  Just a little worried... thanks

LW44

Re: Tingling and itchy brfore flush
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 03:21:18 PM »

Yes exactly the same a rush of anxiety... ahh well another symptom to get used to . X

NorthArm

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »

I get that tingly / itchy feeling now, just before I begin to feel very warm / hot. It's what my hot flushes have reduced to since being on hrt (Estradot 75mcg, and Prometrium 200mg x 12 days). And I'm only getting a few a day, rather than the almost constant attacks I was getting. I find it infinitely preferable to the distressing adrenal surges / panic I would get before a flush - it was really strange for me, I knew what the surge was about in my logical mind, but my emotional mind would have none of it. And for me, it's progesterone (particularly norethisterone) that makes it worse. I, too, am going to be trialling a Mirena soon, otherwise it's a hysterectomy for me xx

The tingles (that are partnered with mild anxiety) I can live with, but those horrendous surges I cannot.

LW44

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:54:38 PM »

Hi yes can cope with the tingling much better thsn the huge surges.. awful... im anxiety prone.. i cannot tolerate progestrone sent my anxiety through the roof i was hysterical, so going to try mirena and if n9t suited will prob have to have hysterectomy.. northarm let me know how you get on with mirena.  Im very nervous about it

NorthArm

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 12:26:18 AM »

You and me both, lol! I'll certainly let you know how I get on xx