Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estrogel wearing off towards the end of the day  (Read 18061 times)

JacksJacks2

Estrogel wearing off towards the end of the day
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:25:20 AM »

Hello all
Advice or experiences please
Does estrogel slowly build up and store in the body, or does it literally last for the 24 hours approx, dropping off towards the end ?
I feel as though my levels start dropping approx 14 hours after application, and then, by morning it is as though there is nothing left in me - with a restless night to boot !
Within an hour of applying in the morning, I can slowly feel my head improving.
I am currently on 3 pumps daily. I apply 1 on each thigh and 1 to an arm - all in the morning.
Anyone experience the wearing/dropping off on the gel ?

allie007

Re: Estrogel wearing off towards the end of the day
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »

Hiya JacksJacks2,

Ive just come off Estrogel because i couldnt seem to get a happy medium, I was on 3 pumps daily too.
If I did 3 pumps in the evening my mood was awful the next day and tired by mid afternoon, but if i did 2 at night and 1 in the morning i couldn't sleep at night.
Have you tried splitting your dose? It might work for you x

JacksJacks2

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:07:01 AM »

Hi Allie,
Am thinking of splitting my dose. Maybe the 2 in the morning and then one at bed time! Dr suggested I might need to take 4 pumps, so then I could do 2 and 2.
What, may I ask, are you using now?

allie007

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »

I'm using the Estradot patches, just over 3 weeks and, scuse the language but i feel bloody awful so far. The worst I've felt since starting any HRT x

JacksJacks2

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 11:29:50 AM »

I feel for you Allie .... I have been trying to find the right balance for me for over a year ... not an easy task!
I am hopeful with the estrogel, but time will tell. At least for a period of time in the day I have feelings of normalcy, so that is already a plus for me.
Persevere Allie, with dedication and hopefully not too much time, you will find what works well for you.

allie007

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 05:21:03 PM »

Thank you.
Weird observation, when i started on Estrogel in March my was wee turned bright neon yellow for a few months, gradually going back to normal colour.  I felt so awful again today i used 1 pump of gel this morning and my wee has been that yellow colour again.
When i was using the gel i was shedding lots of hair aswell and I didnt have to wash it as often, every 3 to 4 days. Its greasy after 2 days now since stopping and no more hair loss.
Glad youre feeling well, hope it continues!
Xx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:05:25 PM by allie007 »

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »

I use three pumps a day, I split the dose as using it all at once makes me jittery, I do two at night and one in the morning.

racjen

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »

I find all this so confusing - I thought the whole  point of taking estrogen in any form is that you get the background level up to a point that works for you, and then your daily dose keeps it that way. If your daily dose is causing such huge fluctuations then maybe that means that your background level isn't high enough; your body should be able to cope with a certain amount of fluctuation within 24 hours. I don't use gel so I have no experience to contribute, but with patches I haven't noticed any difference in my symptoms which correlate with  the patch needing to be changed. I just change it when I'm meant to and my symptoms remain  the same. And I know that I'm absorbing well from the patches as my estradiol level got up to over 1000 pmol after about 6 months on a high dose.

allie007

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »

racjen, could you tell me how long it took for you to feel better using patches and what dose you're on?
My doctor wont do any blood tests despite me asking virtually every time i've gone  X

JacksJacks2

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:51 AM »

Hi Racjen
Blood tests confirmed my estrogen was on the floor, even with 2 pumps daily. Hospital advised I up it immediately to 3, or 4 if I felt no improvement. Today I added the 4th pump.
I have had beeen having really debilitating migranes and the latest was a 9 week headache that didn't go away for even 1 minute. For a portion of that time I was signed off sick from work as my head was in such a bad way. Even now, I am phasing back in. After numerous checks, scans, blood test and everything coming back fine, I asked my gp if it could be my estrogen. She sent me for blood tests and the following day the lab phoned my gp who then phoned me, advising me to increase immediately.
I am hoping now that it will start to build up in my body a bit and then should not "drop off" towards the end of the day. That is my hope anyway. My headache is much less, but still present, but now that I have added a 4th pump, I am hoping that it just fades away !
I have another blood test scheduled in 2 months to see if my levels have improved.

allie007

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »

Oh hun thats so awful for you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'm sure ive read on here that a gel called Sandrena is supposed to be more easily absorbed. Maybe that would help.
Really hope you start to feel better very soon xx

JacksJacks2

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »

I will remember that Allie, in case the estrogel increase does not work.

Thank you

Have a nice day

Joaniepat

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »

I've been prescribed Sandrena because I wasn't absorbing Oestrogel very well. I've no idea yet if this is any better as I won't be getting another blood test done until December. I'll update when I know more, though.

JP x

racjen

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 10:04:13 PM »

When my estradiol level was tested initially in August last year it was so low it was almost not there (something like <39 pmol) - I had a sudden menopause due to chemotherapy, which just destroys your ovaries overnight. It then took a gradually increasing Evorel patch, from 50 briefly, increasing to 100 for maybe 3 months and then 200 for probably another 3 months. So I'd say at least 6 months at a pretty high dose. It's helped a lot with the depression, but not at all with anxiety which remains my main horribly debilitating symptom (but I don't believe that's related to estrogen, I think it's either progesterone or testosterone,neither of which I can tolerate).

allie007

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 05:30:05 AM »

Am so sorry to heaar than racjen. How are you feeling at the moment? X
Pages: [1] 2