Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: In Memory  (Read 6341 times)

Emma

• Administrator
In Memory
« on: October 18, 2018, 04:28:33 PM »

18 October 2018

It's  with sadness that the Menopause Matters team learned of the sudden passing of Mr Andrew MacKay (pictured on the magazine awards page), the first Editor of The Menopause Matters Magazine.
Andy produced the very first edition of the magazine back in the summer of 2005 and went on to produce the first 46 editions until the winter of 2016.
Some of the Forum members will have collaborated with him to write your story. He will be sadly missed.

Cazikins

Re: In Memory
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »

That is sad news,  :( :'(

I communicated (via email) with Andrew when I did my Menopause Story years ago (possibly issue 9). :-\

He was very helpful & patient with me & did a very good interpretation of my ramblings.

Thank you Emma for letting us know & it at all possible convey our condolences to his family.

R.I.P Andrew.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about this sad news Emma. I too have communicated with Andrew by e-mail several times in the past and he was such a kindly man I felt and like Cazikins said was very patient and encouraging. What an important role he played in furthering awareness of menopause especially in the days when the internet and social media were little used and the written word of the magazine was still our main form of communication. His legacy will live on...

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 07:23:36 PM »

Sorry to read this Emma.

Taz  :'(