Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help please! Off HRT Femseven Conti since Thursday  (Read 1983 times)

Angel1964

Help please! Off HRT Femseven Conti since Thursday
« on: October 15, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »

Hi Ladies, GP told me to come off patches last Thursday to see if they are not helping my anxiety.  Since yesterday I've had very light pink spotting, period pain, jittery throughout and feel so nauseous in waves.  I feel worse in fact!  Has anyone else had these symptoms on stopping patches and for how long please?

Taz2

Re: Help please! Off HRT Femseven Conti since Thursday
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:57:38 AM »

You will probably get a bleed - depending on how long you were on the patches for - as you are withdrawing progesterone which triggers bleeding. When I've stopped HRT in the past it's taken around a month for symptoms to start returning. How long have you been on the patches for?

I'm not sure about the nausea but this often accompanies anxiety. I must admit that I've never found HRT to help with my anxiety and I've been on it for ten years. Was anxiety the main symptom you wanted HRT for?

Taz x

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »

Hi Taz. Only been on it 16 weeks. And yes main symptom is anxiety.  I've had anxiety since my 20/30s, I am now 53. I was the same at perimenopause where it escalated to stupid levels, stopping me doing anything. Was ok the in-between bit but I was on the mini-pill. Came off that over 3'years ago and have felt my anxiety gradually increasing to the point of stopping my life again.

paisley

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 12:22:05 PM »

The shorter the time you are on HRT the less symptoms you will have after stopping. I was on HRT for 8 years & stopped. It took 10 months for all the really nasty symptoms to come back which included worse anxiety, weepiness, anger & hot moments.  I couldn't do it & after 1 year had to go back on it

Angel1964

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »

Hopefully I won't suffer for long then Paisley as only been on it 16 weeks. Feel so nauseous and shaky today.

paisley

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »

I know it is horrible but hormones affect our brains & so you are bound to have a reaction when you stop but you have only been on a short time so fingers cross it won't last long. Xxx

Angel1964

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 03:21:49 PM »

Thank you Paisley. I now am getting a headache :( anxiety is high too :(

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »

Antihistamine (Benadryl) maybe for anxiety? The lovely ladies on here shared that with me and  I must say it does help. I might rely on it too much lately. Might help you sleep if you want as well. (Unfortunately not for me) I know I wish I could sleep through some of this mess. If only we could hibernate through it.  ;D

paisley

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 05:47:46 PM »

Headaches for me indicate fluctuating hormones.

Angel1964

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 06:38:04 AM »

Feeling worse. Lightheaded,  heart racing, nausea, sweating in night and upon waking. Is this normal for only being on patches for 16 weeks and stopping them!!

paisley

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »

Yes I would think it is normal. I have side effects from stopping & starting almost everything. Xx

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »

Yes 16 weeks is quite a long time. Your oestrogen level will have built up and now they will gradually fall again leading to the return of symptoms. Hot flushes are the first to return for me.

Taz x

Angel1964

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 06:18:08 PM »

Thanks ladies. Puts my mind at a bit of rest knowing it's withdrawal. I've slept loads today as feel so tired too.

Angel1964

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »

Feeling 100 times worse :( are these symptoms normal for coming off HRT patches after 16 weeks. I am on holiday in Wales and feel so ill. Symptoms are ...
. Racing heart and palps
. Feeling off balance
. Nausea
. Jittery throughout body especially
  stomach area
. Losing more weight and am too thin
  already
. Stomach tender
. hot sweats waking me at 4:00am then
  can't sleep
. Sore gums on some teeth
. Fatigue
. Bit breathless
. No energy

Can all these be due to me not getting the hormone boost from Femseven Conti??

SueLW

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 04:17:20 PM »

Feeling 100 times worse :( are these symptoms normal for coming off HRT patches after 16 weeks. I am on holiday in Wales and feel so ill. Symptoms are ...
. Racing heart and palps
. Feeling off balance
. Nausea
. Jittery throughout body especially
  stomach area
. Losing more weight and am too thin
  already
. Stomach tender
. hot sweats waking me at 4:00am then
  can't sleep
. Sore gums on some teeth
. Fatigue
. Bit breathless
. No energy

Can all these be due to me not getting the hormone boost from Femseven Conti??

I'm afraid that looks like your menopause symptoms are racing back.  I can't remember why you came off HRT?  You can be on it indefinitely according to the NICE guidelines.
Pages: [1] 2