Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Have to come off hrt  (Read 1747 times)

Pmj 28

Have to come off hrt
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:41:40 AM »

Hi ladies just been to doctors and was told that I had to come off my hrt as I was having lower back pain and stomach ache,constipation and diarrhea +still was getting hot flushes .Just wanted to know what alternatives I can take. Has any tried cbd oil from Holland and Barrett
Thank you
Paula
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:04:19 AM by Pmj 28 »

Angel1964

Re: Have to come off hrt
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »

Hi pmj how long have you been on the HRT and which one?  What stage are you at perimenopause or postmenopause?

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »

Hi Angel I have been on hrt for 4 years , been on a few I am on femoston 2/10 , I am preimenapause
Paula

Angel1964

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:19:02 AM »

Why is the GP not looking at changing or altering your HRT. There will be plenty of ladies on here that can and will advise you on that one.  This site is so helpful.  I was looking at Gold CBD oil with tumeric and black pepper but I have a massive phobia of taking anything new due to me having anaphylactic shock years ago.  So I'm unsure, but have read fantastic reviews on it. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »

Maybe give your body a rest?  Browse round, put the HRT you have been taking into the search box on here and read the threads.

What symptom would you like to ease? 

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Therefore an over-the-counter pain relief would help, maybe speak to a Pharmacist who can give the correct advice?

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:21 AM »

What hrt have you tried in the past ?
It just seems to me dr has jumped to conclusions that it's the hrt causing it, the fact you're still flushing suggests you need a stronger dose

I have lower back pain and IBS, but haven't ever put it down to hrt, it's just one of those things unfortunately that I suffer with x

Pmj 28

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 01:49:10 PM »

Hi Annie , was on premak c but they where discontinued then went on to femseven conti patches. Had a month on femoston conti tablets now on femoston 2/10 tablets don't  think my doctor likes hrt. She want to see how I go if things are the same and don't improve then I will have test to make sure it not ibs so other things if I do improve then she  know it was the hrt.l don't know what to think any more just so fed up with it all x
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:49:59 PM by Pmj 28 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:47 PM »

Do you suffer with IBS?  Hormonal upset can cause gut and bowel alterations.   10 mins. B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due, I would have to dash to the loo ........ and couldn't travel during that 24 hours.  Sudden dull ache low down then the need for a loo, NOW!  ::)

IBS is blamed for many issues.  I have slow transit - my gut spasm almost stopped in the late 1980s so my body wasn't digesting anything.  So my bowel didn't open so food back up and I felt SO SICK  :-\.   Colpermin capsules and another medication [name escapes me] eased symptoms. 

Do you have bowel trouble of any kind?  Have a browse round ........... put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Nairn

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »

Hi PMJ 28'

I have exactly the same problems on Femoston 2/10, and I too have been prescribed the conti - I;ve also just posted about hideous sweats when doing anything other than sitting - seeing if anyone has any advice.  Perhaps the formulation has changed as its been great for me for 5-6 years - however my GP thinks too much oestrogen now I am older (51).  I have just contacted Dr. Currie to see if she has any words of wisdom

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 06:22:03 AM »

It's not right though when anti-hrt gps are quick to blame hrt for symptoms

Oestrogen gel or patch might suit you better, along with either utrogestan or coil for progesterone

Have you looked up IBS symptoms? So many people suffer with it and also painful backs is so common once you reach our stage of life, the wear n tear can really affect us

Just don't be quick to believe everything a gp says, I know they're trying to help but they're not God, they get it wrong too.  I research everything they think might be wrong with me before I either believe them or not x

Pmj 28

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:12:10 AM »

Hi Annie I thought I might be ibs as I have looked  it up .But if I start to feel better not taking hrt then she thinks it may be sideffect from the hrt. But if I am feeling the same after 2 months have to Wright a diary, then will have to have test done to see if there is anything else going on
Had bad anxiety when i started 4 years ago just hoping it does not come back .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:22:32 AM by Pmj 28 »

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »

Bless you, as long as you are ok that's the main thing.  X