Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: High road or the Other road? What if?  (Read 1422 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
High road or the Other road? What if?
« on: October 07, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »

I fell in love at the age of 11.  I had known the lad since age 9.  He let me down when I was 13  :'(.  What if ........

I could have gone to the Royal College of Music.  But I fell in love the 2nd time.  What if ..........

I had been aware of the 2nd lad in School and have been with him since the age of 16.  What if we had gone to New Zealand because we couldn't get work after Uni.?  Would we have stayed for a long time as our friend has done?  Would we have kept in touch with our friend .......

What would I have achieved without anxiety attacks which grounded me  :'(  :-\.

What would I have achieved had other openings been available?  When I left College it was go into : teaching; secretarial work; factory work; I was never going to be a teacher or nurse  ::) but what if ......... now there are more opportunities but probably less jobs if that makes sense.  I have an interest in Health and Safety but don't think that my brain was every good enough to soak up the Legalities that would be required for such a job.  I now love going to Auctions etc. so maybe a Porter in an Auction House? as long as I didn't have to handle monies .......

If himself hadn't retired 'early', what then  ;D

Taz2

Re: High road or the Other road? What if?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »

Sorry CLKD - I can't see any point in "what ifs". This type of thinking tends to draw you back into the past leading to wondering what could have happened and maybe lead to discontentment?

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »

Never look back. There is no point agonising over what might have been and it could just as easily turned out badly. You can't change the past but you can change the future. So if there's something you have a burning desire to do, or to change - make a plan. Everything in life is a trade-off but I don't want to get to the end and think 'I wish I'd done...'

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 01:41:37 AM »

I've asked myself similar before but I always finish with asking what wouldn't I have if I had chosen this or that. I agree with sheila99, if there's something you want to do, do it! It's never too late to learn something new. No regrets!

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 06:19:52 AM »

Live in the moment.

Yesterday is gone forever and tomorrow never comes.

Seize THE day.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »

It's supposed to be a light hearted thread!  I don't dwell.  I often wonder.  Every day is a learning curve and wondering puts me in a good place particularly if I learn from mistakes.

I do get dreadful flash backs  :'( and have great guilt about a couple of issues  :-\

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »

Sorry CLKD, I'm also in the non if only group.
Particularly when it comes to ppl no longer with us, some ppl stay away when others are ill. I don't, I go out of my way to spend the time with them, so no regrets.
And no if onlys, not even for fun. 😘

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »

That's fine.