Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tridestra - manufacturing delay!!!??  (Read 8045 times)

Hurdity

Re: Tridestra - manufacturing delay!!!??
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 06:55:36 PM »

Hi there girls

Anyone who is struggling to get hold of Tridestra you can make it yourself from the separate hormones - OK it wonlt be exactly the same as the fillers will be different but at least it will be the same dose.

Provided this is still available, then Progynova consist of estradiol valerate  and comes in 1 mg or 2 mg doses - the Tridestra dose is 2 mg. It's made by Bayer. So you take this on its own for 10 weeks

Then you take 2 x 10 mg Provera tablets (= Medroxyprogesterone acetate = MPA) per day for 2 weeks along with the Progynova for the next 2 weeks,

Then you have a week off.

Provided these products are not in short supply then this will be the bext approximation because the dose and type of hormones are the same.

I presume most have to pay two prescription charges for the 1 pack of Tridestra?

To give you the same as Tridestra ie a 3 months supply then you will need 1 pack of 28 x 10 mg Provera (if that is the pack size), and 3 packs of 28 x 2 mg Progynova for the same period of time and the same charge.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Ginastaunton

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »

Hello

I am having a nightmare trying to get Tridestra. I have an appointment with my gp next week to look at alternative. I will suggest your option and see what she thinks

Karen max

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 11:32:04 AM »

Hi
We have been unable to get it in Northern Ireland for some time now , my GP was changing me into it when I took prescription to chemists it couldn't be go anywhere
I'm finding I'm having to wait longer than normal to get my hrt ordered in so I honestly think there is a load of them that is running low ..

Kaz

pause now

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 05:21:36 AM »

Has anyone been able to get hold of Tridestra recently? Just thought I'd ask if anyone had an update before I call them again. What have you ladies been taking as an alternative whilst you have been without it? Thanks!

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 08:28:04 AM »

Pause now - please read my earlier post below in this thread (of April 4th) where I have outlined what you can take instead ie the same HRT oestrogen and progestogen as in Tridestra but separately.

Hurdity x

pause now

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 02:44:23 PM »

I have just been informed by Orion that Tridestra is now back in production. They mentioned it will take a couple of weeks to get to Pharmacies so should be available very soon!

pause now

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 08:53:24 AM »

Now available.  I have just collected from the chemist.

Anddy007

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 09:06:35 AM »

Tridestra is back on market. Good news after 7 months of suffering with other HRT
Pages: 1 [2]