Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 5608 times)

kimmyi

Re: Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »

Hi Dierdre glad to hear that things are going well for you, these changes we go through can cause a lot of anxiety, something's we can't change and we have to accept.

I've learnt that this VA has no cure but with the right help and this forum all helps 😊

Take care 😌

kimmyi

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »

And also like you say these things take time  ::)

Grace

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »

Hi I am really interested in these posts as I have been taking vagifem for just over 3 months. I tried to cut back to twice a week but the symptoms came back straight away. I am now taking it every day. Do any of the other ladies who take it every day take any other form of HRT or just the vagifem ? My GP said that long term I would need to have some form of progesterone to protect the womb. If this is the case I may have my mirena coil replaced as it is due to be removed in a few weeks as I have gone through the meno now. I have had it in for 8 years due to heavy periods and was told to keep it in until I had gone through the menopause. I have had lots of flushes / sleepless nights / and every other symptom on the list and just got on with it but this awful symptom is by far the cruellest .

RubyLove

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »

I saw my GP last week and she had been on a course with the British Menopause Society recently. She said the consensus there was that they are under-dosing Vagifem. I thought I had a UTI and, while she took a urine sample to check, she suggested I up the dose from twice a week to 3-4 times a week or take two pessaries twice a week. It turns out I didn't have a UTI, it was my VA playing up. So I now take Vagifem every other day.

Grace

• First Flush
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »

Thats's really interesting . I wish all GP's went on these courses . I am brand new to this forum and already feeling more positive about it all .   

Katejo

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 02:52:40 AM »

I saw my GP last week and she had been on a course with the British Menopause Society recently. She said the consensus there was that they are under-dosing Vagifem. I thought I had a UTI and, while she took a urine sample to check, she suggested I up the dose from twice a week to 3-4 times a week or take two pessaries twice a week. It turns out I didn't have a UTI, it was my VA playing up. So I now take Vagifem every other day.
That is useful. I will give that example to my GP as evidence to persuade them to let me take it more than twice a week and continuously.  I also  have some uti symptoms  now and sent a sample in yesterday  but really don't want another AB. Took 3 different ones in Sept and they didn't help.

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2018, 06:56:48 AM »

Hi Grace. I use Vagifem and full HRT. I'm 64 and have been on full HRT for 10 years now due mainly to frequent hot flushes day and night.

If you are on Vagifem alone it is not necessary to add in a progesterone as the amount of oestrogen is so small so you don't need to have a new mirena if it's purely to provide progesterone due to Vagifem use. The dose of Vagifem was halved a few years ago and many women now find that it's no longer enough to control VA and their docs do prescribe more frequent use.

Taz x  :welcomemm:
Pages: 1 2 [3]