Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Urgent help**  (Read 1447 times)

Almacfarlane

Urgent help**
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »

Hi ladies, I'm needing some help and advice, had a rvice already which has been great but I'm a hormonal mess just now!

So my story is, in was diagnosed as premature ovarian failure at 32 back in Jan I had heart palpitations and was loosing my hair so they done 2 sets of bloods which confirmed this and with advice from gynae I was started on a 50 evorel patch with my merena coil! I had absolutely no bleeding but was still having heart palpitations although nowhere near as bad as before. Anyway fast forward 3 months to my menopause clinic in April. I was started on 75 patch at which point it really helped with my palpitations and now I hardly have any however I had what o think was a period that last about 8 days in April may and June with July period being continious bleeding untill August where it had stopped for 3 weeks. Anyway 2 weeks ago I was started on vagifem due to having pain in my bladder like pressure which again vagifem has helped with but around a few days before this bleedimg came back. Anyway I let the menopause doc know and she referred me as a routine appointment (33 week wait) for further investigation in mean time I went to GP and they referred me for a scan which was refused as awaiting appointment with gynae. Anyway my GP telling me ill just need to wait which I'm furious about. In the last 3 week's I know of 3 people who have died of cervical CA. She also wants go take me off the patch and try something else. Even mentioned about taking my coil out.

Advice please. Told you I'm a hormonal mess  :'( :'(

P.S so stressed that's it's affecting every thing and feeling I can't cope with the day to day activities with my 4 year old son. 😫
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:07:24 AM by Almacfarlane »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Urgent help**
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:57:50 AM »

4 year olds are Full On aren't they!  Do you have a Mums and tots group or family close by who would enjoy his company?

Have you been in contact with the Daisy web-site, dedicated to early ovarian failure?  There is a link on here.

Maybe make a list of symptoms that you would like to ease and if the coil etc. have helped at all.  It can take 3-4 months B4 the body notices any difference.  GPs still don't 'get' menopause  :bang:

Continue with the Vagifem, every night if necessary at from 25 it's down to 10 {?} so some find they need it every night.  Browse round.

Almacfarlane

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »

Thanks for your reply CLKD, I've had the coil in for 3 years due to heavy irregular periods after having my little boy.

My GP just called back and She s thinking I've been overloaded with hormones and wants to stop a treatment but told her I wouldn't be happy as the evorel has helped with my palpitations. She seems to think however that my ovaries have woken up and made an appointment tomorrow to remove the coil and wants to put me on the combined patch instead.

I have been over to the daisy network but there seems to be more advice on here. My little boy just started school so it's giving me time to sort out this hormonal mess.

Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:56:30 AM »

Hopefully someone will be along with advice, 'thinking' isn't good enough.  Have a look-see at what you are using if you put the product name into the search box it will pop up threads; and why remove the coil, there are several threads about 'mirena' on here too. 

School at 4  :o  :-\

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »

Hi try posting your question in “All Things Menopause”. You might get more answers there.

The Mirena coil is a very good way of providing progesterone for hrt. Don't rush to have it taken out. The Mirena and the oestrogen patch would probably suit you better than a combined patch. X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »

That would be my suggestion Dotty .......