Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 859 times)

Betty48

« on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:24 PM »

Hi
My first post was told to join by my GP. I am 48 had a hysterectomy 8 years ago and now the hot flushes have started  :o aching bones and crying at most things dare I say even the BBC News sometimes “oh my”
Was told to research what I want going forward after a lot of reading think I may opt for the Gel or patches need a bit of help advice pros and cons x

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 06:06:40 PM »

Hi and welcome to mm
You need the oestrogen as it will protect you from long health problems caused by oestrogen deficiency. Heart, bones, skin, joint, bladder etc will all benefit from having oestrogen throughout your 50s and possible beyond. As you've had a hysterectomy you don't need progesterone which can sometimes give problems and studies show that oestrogen only hrt actually reduces the risk of breast cancer for hysterectomised women!!!!!
The gel or patches are a good choice - perhaps try patches first to see if they suit - Estrodot seem to be the most popular as they are small and stick well. The gel allows greater flexibility for dosage but it has to be applied daily at the same time. 
Go for it and get your life back on track. DG x