Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anterior wall prolapse  (Read 1328 times)

Proseccobubbles

Anterior wall prolapse
« on: September 25, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »

So last night I noticed something sticking out my vagina. I had a feel around and tried to push it back in as I did so I leaked urine. I've never had the strongest muscles down there and do leak if I cough or sneeze. Anyway managed to get appt with Doc this morning and he's diagnosed an an Anterior Wall prolapse. I've been referred to gynae and also for an ultrasound. Anyone got any advice/experience Please?

Taz2

Re: Anterior wall prolapse
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »

Hi proseccobubbles. I had an anterior repair as part of my hysterectomy so I know how you feel. Pelvic floor exercises can help prevent the prolapse getting worse along with topical oestrogen if you're not already on HRT. The gynae will be able to give you more info. There is also some info on the hysterectomy UK site. They have a section on prolapse I believe.

It's a horrible feeling when you first discover it isn't it but many women experience prolapse - they just don't mention it in conversation.

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »

I suffered total prolapse at 23 years old following a traumatic stillbirth

2 pregnancies later aged 32 I then agreed to the hysterectomy with no repair

I have to say for me the hysterectomy alone helped no end with the prolapse x

Proseccobubbles

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »

Thanks ladies I've just turned 50 and I carried twins to term so my pelvic floor has had a bashing in the past. But last night was a real shock. I'll have a look on the website Taz. Oh Annie that's just awful but glad it helped xx

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

Both my pregnancies after the prolapse were failed twin pregnancies but the last one I had to have the cervix pushed back after the delivery

Men have no idea what some women go through x