Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Fibroids  (Read 1633 times)

Nellie Noo

Fibroids
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:04:35 PM »

Hello lovely ladies .  Had a scan today ( private ) which revealed two 3cm fibroids and some fibrous tissue. Womb lining nice and thin so pleased about that ! Ovaries fine .    ( on gel and provera )  But a question for those ladies with fibroids ... ive got bad backache, groin and leg pain which is quite quite sore ... can anybody relate ??? Could it be the fibroids ???and do i need to do something about them ??

Nellie Noo

Re: Fibroids
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 03:47:56 AM »

Thanks for reply sparkle . Yes i have an appointment with gp tomorrow . Am in a lot of pain tonight and am now thinking this just cant be fibroids . 😳 of course dr google doesnt help in the middle of the night..! But to be fair ive just read of two conditions that could be the cause of my pain one being a femoral hernia which are more comman in women than men ( i have all symptoms ) and pelvic congestion syndrome ( again i have all the symptoms)!  My gp will have her work cut out with me !! Its horrible being in pain and not knowing the cause !! 😕 x

Annika

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »

I had the darn things three of them Nellie Moo and yes they can cause lot of pain depending upon how large they are and where they are located. Mine pushed againist my bladder and for years I had the feeling I had to run to the loo every five minutes. I can honestly say once I had a hysterectomy it was the first time I had compete relief from pain and heavy bleeding in decades even though I know for many this would be too drastic for me it was the right thing to do. Good luck with your doctor and hopefully you can get a solution to your problem sooner rather than later.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 08:34:52 PM »

Thanks Annika ...gp sent me for a xray on my hip as he said groin pain can be an indication that all is not well with the hip. So am waiting for results. I have a strong suspicion that its the fibroids though. He will look at the fibroids if the hip ok .. but he seems to think at 3 cms they are too small to be causing pain 🙁
Where did you feel pain .. just the bladder ?? X

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 04:29:08 AM »

Well my doctor was correct .. its not pain from fibroids but  they have found arthritis in the hip and lower back. 🙁 

Nellie Noo

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 07:42:39 PM »

Hi sparkle .... the plan is pain killers if needed,  physio and just managing the condition according to gp. Keep moving, and have a hot water bottle handy at all times 😉 x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »

And the moral of the story is also ..... don't frighten yourself by googling in the middle of the night, and also assume it's one thing, and lock that in your head ,and it turns out to be something completely different ! The nights I have spent worrying myself silly ...
arthritis isn't a walk in the park but I feel so much better now knowing what it is xx