Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Endometriosis after a full hysterectomy  (Read 1467 times)

Natlou

Endometriosis after a full hysterectomy
« on: September 04, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »

I'm 5 years post-hysterectomy and I've recently been getting some familiar, nasty symptoms of the endometriosis again. Bloating, a band of pain in the stomach, pelvis and lower back, neasea and feeling lethargic. Does anyone know if itis possible for the endometrial tissue to return or have you had this happen to you? Thanks

Taz2

Re: Endometriosis after a full hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 10:03:35 AM »

I think it depends on whether all of the endometriosis was removed.Did you have any in the bowel for instance?

I would urge you to visit your GP though as the symptoms you describe can also be caused by other conditions and it's important to rule them out.let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Natlou

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »

Thank you, I know from the report after the hysterectomy that there was tiny tiny bits left in the pelvic tissue that they couldn't remove so it is possible that they're still there but I didn't think they could grow once I'd had my ovaries removed 🤔 but I think your right I have to check the symptoms out with the GP.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »

The lethargy could be because you've lost your hormones due to ovary removal unless you are on any replacement HRT?

Taz x

rebel2

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 03:34:31 PM »

It can grow back if you take oestrogen only HRT.  I stopped for that reason [and actually feel way better without it!].

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »

I have always been under the impression they can never guarantee taking it all away therefore if you have a hysterectomy due to endometriosis you should take progesterone along with oestrogen if you use hrt x