Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sandrena 0.5 x 1 & Provera 5mg x 2. Is this the right doseage?  (Read 753 times)

emuchops

Sandrena 0.5 x 1 & Provera 5mg x 2. Is this the right doseage?
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:24:07 AM »

Morning Everyone. Just reading through some threads on Sandrena and everyone seems to be on 100mg - 200mg of progesterone - I'm on 2 x 5mg daily...I'm wondering if this is an error by the GP? I'm 51, periods were about once every 3-4 months or so. Tried HRT before - patches (irritating), tablets (just bled throughout the whole cycle). Not really noticed any effects from the Sandrena yet except constipation, flatulence and a 3lb weight gain! This is day 16 of trying this new regime so started the Provera yesterday - that's when I noticed the dosage. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: Sandrena 0.5 x 1 & Provera 5mg x 2. Is this the right doseage?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm

Do look under TREATMENTS on this site in the Progesterone section.
You are doing a sequential hrt regime and this is right for you as you are peri meno.
You need 10 mg daily for 10-12 days each month with Provera on a sequi basis - Utrogestan is a different progesterone type so the dosage will be different.
Many women do well with Provera. I preferred Oestrogel but many women do well with Sandrena or oestrogen patches.
Let us know how you get on. DG x
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:19:14 AM by Dancinggirl »

emuchops

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »

Thanks for replying so quickly DG. Just the constipation, flatulence and weight gain to sort now (early days though so hopefully they'll settle down in time) x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »

Weight gain is common when meno hits. Eat smaller meals regularly and try to get more exercise. Drink lots of water and eat lots of fibre and this should sort the constipation. DG x