News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Waves  (Read 1045 times)

TabbyKat007

Waves
« on: September 03, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »

Hello everyone

My GP gave me the idea to come here.  I'm very glad after reading quite a few of the posts.  I've been post-menopausal for 2 years and fine really until the last six months.  I feel, old, fat, no energy, no oomph - well, you'll all probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

So I've been taking menopace for a couple of years and it really helped but this new psychological onslaught is not cool.  And vaginal atrophy?  They never tell you about that, do they!    Quite a conversation starter  ;D. Having to take something called Vagisem or something.  Wow! How sexy do I feel right now? 

I'm a bit odd in that I had my last baby at 50 (53 now) (with IVF, obviously) and went straight from BF'ing to menopause.  I also started my own company and my husband had a breakdown 3 years ago and can't work so I've got quite a bit of financial pressure on.  Oh! And my debut novel is being published next year.  So yes, quite a bit on.

Stopping the rambling - I've just started on Everol Conti - today in fact.  I'm sure its totally psychological but I feel so much better just taking a bit of control back.  I'm not ready to go down with the 'invisible woman ship just yet! 

Looking forward to meeting you all and taking on board some of the deep wisdom on offer.

Thank you!

Tabby :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Waves
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 01:26:19 PM »

;D well, PHEW! 

Browse round.   :welcomemm:  make notes.  Some ladies find that keeping a food/mood/symptom diary of use.  Do read the threads relating to Vaginal Atrophy!  I expect you have been prescribed Vagifem ? 2 B used vaginally, not 'taken' ;-).

What support is your husband getting?  There are various support groups now, I was in contact with one putting my female take on issues of male anxiety and
depression ;-).  TALK man, TALK!  ::)

Was your husband's mental health relative to the baby problems? 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:48:20 PM by CLKD »

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »

TabbyCat007. Oh yes. I am with you on the sandwich generation. I had my two kids relatively late. Sometimes the grans at the schools gate look younger than me and seem to have more zip.  I am wishing my 40s away because the latter years have been rubbish with Peri worries (Not even a leaflet from the NHS do we get to warn of the bundle of joys that await us). So I have a full B & B that I don't want, two kids that are always hungry, a Yorkshireman for a husband whose idea of sympathy is to turn up the cricket, knickers full of mid term brown gunk, parents who I have been estranged from for two years, fog horn farts, I sleep (well mostly not recently) with a cuddly gorilla. Respect that you have the focus to write a novel.I would struggle for a cracker joke.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »

"seem to have" !  keep that in your mind, they may collapse into a wet heap on their return from the School Gate ;-)