Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mrs Angry!!!!!  (Read 2389 times)

ClaireLee46

Mrs Angry!!!!!
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »

Hi 😊 hope this is the right place to ask this - I've been on evorel conti patches for 6 weeks. Hot flushes almost gone, just the odd one or two at night, which I can deal with. The hot flushes were the main reason for me asking for HRT, they were extreme. No other side effects that I can see, apart from me becoming snappy, irritated, irrational, moody, and feeling quite down all the time!! I'm almost 56, no periods for well over 3 years. I feel myself becoming angry, usually at my husband, for no reason at all. Things annoy me that really shouldn't, I know it's happening, most of the time I can control it and stop myself snapping, but my overall feeling is of depression, could I be becoming depresssed? I thought the patches would help my moods? They seem to be getting worse. Is it too early into treatment to judge, will things get better? I feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I've got a good lifestyle, I enjoy my job, I love my husband to bits, and I've loads to look forward to. Apart from being a couple of stone overweight, I've no reason to feel fed up!!!! Anyone else experienced this please? Thanks in advance, Claire 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mrs Angry!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »

Hormones can cause mood swings.  What does it say on the leaflet in the packet?  May be put the product name into the search box here and see what threads pop up?

Print off the 'advice for husbands' too  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »

Hello ClaireLee46 and welcome to the forum.

The way menopause changes our emotional response is particularly  hard to deal with. I too worry about my mental health because I know that I am behaving irrationally but I'm powerless to change it.

I'm sure you'll get some good advice about your regime but I wanted you to know that you are not alone in your suffering.

Take care.

K.

grumpyjane

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »

That's why I'm grumpyjane! I feel like that most of the time but especially with my partner. Every little thing he does - or doesn't do - annoys me. I know I've turned into a horrible person but can't stop myself. You are not alone. Jx

QueenOfCamelot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »

I'm the same as well, even worse, I fly off the handle over nothing and get violent rages.  They're out of control now I've had enough.  I don't like myself right now.

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 06:08:42 AM »

Good morning ClaireLee46
 :welcomemm:

I note you are using Evorel conti patches Continuos progesterone could be causing your problems.
You could consider switching to sequential one and see if that helps you would however get a withdrawal bleed with this method but lots of ladies find that more acceptable than the side effects of continuos progesterone
I personally couldn't use progesterone continuously side effects were awful unfortunately progesterone is the downside of HRT.

Hope you find something to help.
Lanzalover x

ClaireLee46

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 11:49:42 AM »

Thankyou for the replies, good to know I'm not alone although sometimes it feels so!! Last week after 2 months on evorel, I had a major bleed, complete with sore breasts, bad period pains, bloating, and bad moods!! I have cut my patch in half in the hope that this will help, I've read that other women have tried this. I'm going to try and stay on it for 6 months, if things haven't settled down by then, I guess I'll have to come off it, my doc won't keep me on it anyway if I'm bleeding. The moods really are awful, I feel like a bad tempered horrible monster, like everyone is out to upset me. When I tried the femoral (?)Conti tablets before, I'm sure I didn't feel like this!! I'm running out of options I think, but I'm sleeping so much better now, and that's the stumbling block. I drive for a living, and the sleepless nights were killing me (literally would have, I've fell asleep at the wheel, only for an instant but that's all it takes!) sorry for the lengthy post, I just feel so sad and withdrawn just now 😢

ClaireLee46

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »

Femoston conti the lowest dose tablet is what I was on, it worked beautifully but made me bleed, and my doc took me off it after sending me for a painful biopsy. I definitely didn't have any of the bad moods or low feelings like I have now. Is it worth going back to the doc and asking to change back  to the tablets?

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 02:24:47 PM »

I bled  on and off for six months on conti patches, sometimes really heavy for 10 days and had horrible PMT and felt angry the time. Perhaps you would be better on the sequential Hrt, at least you know when you will have a bleed and wouldn't be taking progesterone constantly.